News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona reproduction parts

Started by NHCharger, February 14, 2016, 06:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Did a search on here without much luck. Besides Janak and Stinger who else is making these parts? I have the nose, wing and window plug, need everything else.
Had a long talk with Janak yesterday, he breaks his parts down into two catagories. Economy and factory equivelent. There is a big price difference, for the fender scoops it's $180.00 for the economy, $420.00 for factory. For those who have dealt with him, is there really that much of a difference in the quality?
I have a steel window plug out of a Vega, he was telling me how I will be unhappy with it in the long run and was trying to talk me into removing it and buying one of his plugs. I'm building this clone for my wife so I don't think it will bother her that much.

Any feedback on the Stinger parts? I read another thread where Larry was not at all impressed with the quality of their nose cones, however that thread was several years old.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

djcarguy

howdy,donC1 got molds for daytona parts.think stuart got metal scoops from don. hes on Victoria island but can ship small stuff by mail not spendy,large stuff truck an pain. i got bird nose from don.

might read daytona clones around the world, Dane iirc has used stinger many times,,, hes daytona guy if ya searching..

ya keeping drop lite doors??  i like it over bugeye-popups..we need pix,,happy building.. for the wife??  better get a extra nose cone ,hahahaha   DJ out west   :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

Hemi Runner

I had my credit card in hand to place an order with Ted Janak.  He spent more time trying to horse trade my Gean Gregory steel nose out from under me. I wanted prices and he told me to email him a list. I wrote his email address down incorrectly so I faxed the list requesting pricing. He returned the fax today with no pricing and a note saying it's always best to call. Are all these parts guys eccentric weirdos and piss poor businessmen? 

cdr

Quote from: Hemi Runner on February 15, 2016, 08:01:58 PM
I had my credit card in hand to place an order with Ted Janak.  He spent more time trying to horse trade my Gean Gregory steel nose out from under me. I wanted prices and he told me to email him a list. I wrote his email address down incorrectly so I faxed the list requesting pricing. He returned the fax today with no pricing and a note saying it's always best to call. Are all these parts guys eccentric weirdos and piss poor businessmen? 

last time i said something about this vendor  i got in trouble .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Hemi Runner

Quote from: cdr on February 15, 2016, 08:16:23 PM
I had my credit card in hand to place an order with Ted Janak.  He spent more time trying to horse trade my Gean Gregory steel nose out from under me. I wanted prices and he told me to email him a list. I wrote his email address down incorrectly so I faxed the list requesting pricing. He returned the fax today with no pricing and a note saying it's always best to call. Are all these parts guys eccentric weirdos and piss poor businessmen?  

last time i said something about this vendor  i got in trouble .

I'm just relating the facts of the matter. I've heard the parts are of good quality which is why I called him in the first place. I just need the parts. I don't need some special hoops to jump through just to place an order. It's not like there are a bundle of options in wing car parts and the market for them isn't huge so one would think when you have a potential customer on the phone that you would actually attempt to secure an order.

cdr

Quote from: Hemi Runner on February 15, 2016, 08:29:42 PM
I had my credit card in hand to place an order with Ted Janak.  He spent more time trying to horse trade my Gean Gregory steel nose out from under me. I wanted prices and he told me to email him a list. I wrote his email address down incorrectly so I faxed the list requesting pricing. He returned the fax today with no pricing and a note saying it's always best to call. Are all these parts guys eccentric weirdos and piss poor businessmen?  

I'm just relating the facts of the matter. I've heard the parts are of good quality which is why I called him in the first place. I just need the parts. I don't need some special hoops to jump through just to place an order. It's not like there are a bundle of options in wing car parts and the market for them isn't huge so one would think when you have a potential customer on the phone that you would actually attempt to secure an order.

he did the same to me, I am in Texas, so he told me to find someone with a tax # to buy the parts i wanted & then pay the sales tax & parts to the people that paid him for the parts.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Hemi Runner

It's all very strange. I don't know if I'm getting a return call or fax or pricing or what. I'll follow up with a phone call next week.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: cdr on February 15, 2016, 08:34:19 PM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on February 15, 2016, 08:29:42 PM

he did the same to me, I am in Texas, so he told me to find someone with a tax # to buy the parts i wanted & then pay the sales tax & parts to the people that paid him for the parts.

Right click, save...."priceless", pun intended :rofl:

Hemi Runner

Mike, Can you PM me a phone number?

NHCharger

Ted called me today with prices. He finally did say that he thought I should just go with the economy line parts since I was keeping the Vega plug and Dane wing. He did compliment Dane on the quality of his wings. Ted really loves his wing cars,
His prices were the same as Stingers. Any feed back on Stinger parts quality?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Nwcharger

Your wing washers are made by Ted.
1969 coronet wagon

farm966

I have been to the Stinger facility, spoke to the guys there and had my hands on their parts. If you are making a clone you will be happy in my opinion. The guys at Stinger are great to deal with, have always been honest with me on other transactions I have had with them and great customer service. I have a Bird clone that I made the mistake of buying the parts north of the border, I would recommend against that. I am restoring a Charger to make into a Daytona clone and I will be buying parts from Stinger.

BigBlockSam

i'm very happy with my stinger nose on my daytona
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

Got a call today from. Ted told him check this dis
cussion
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

Richard petty ordered a package. for a build
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

unrulyprocuda

This might help you Some of the parts you are needing you should buy in steel not fiberglass here is a name and number of a guy in Illinois the fabricates many of the small items you will need in Metal Rick Fairless 1-270 210-2202 I purchased my wing from Dane. My Nose cone from Dayclona and all my brackets from Rick Fairless My Builder is eventually going to Copy my fiberglass nose cone in aluminum after that i will have one for sale but that may be a while.

wingcarenvy

Does anyone have a link to Dayclonas website? I have search engine overload. After 10 pages of garbage I still haven't found his website.

unrulyprocuda

I think he is no longer making anything.the Dayclona website has been gone for years as far as i know i bought the last nose cone he made. He still lurks on here though.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on February 27, 2016, 01:51:45 AM
I think he is no longer making anything.the Dayclona website has been gone for years as far as i know i bought the last nose cone he made. He still lurks on here though.

Oh, I still make "stuff", the website disappeared because the traffic for parts request was too high (I do have a day job) and I try to do whole car conversions rather than individual parts/orders, I have enough on my plate with my E body repro parts, 3rd Gen B body rear window louvers, as well as 69-70 wingcar, C500 parts/conversions, I'm maxed out year round with work, which really cuts into my projects :brickwall:

Mike

unrulyprocuda

Sorry you clarified that Thanks Mike Thats nice to know Im sure you wouldnt turn the money down if someone needed something though.

hotrod98

Hey Mike.  Long time since we last spoke. I just bailed on my most recent Daytona clone build. Too many other projects that need to be completed. 
I just wanted to say that the parts that you've made for me were the best that I've ever seen.  They always fit perfectly. I understand what being a one man shop is like now that I've gone into semi retirement. Just not enough hours in the day.
If anyone gets a chance to buy any of Mike's parts, don't pass them up.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 01, 2016, 08:46:53 AM
Hey Mike.  Long time since we last spoke. I just bailed on my most recent Daytona clone build. Too many other projects that need to be completed. 
I just wanted to say that the parts that you've made for me were the best that I've ever seen.  They always fit perfectly. I understand what being a one man shop is like now that I've gone into semi retirement. Just not enough hours in the day.
If anyone gets a chance to buy any of Mike's parts, don't pass them up.

Larry, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated, too bad you had to bail on your recent Tona build, the black/red tona you finished last, looked great, glad I could help with what I supplied you....You got plenty of projects on your plate, I'm sure!

Mike