News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Corner "L" Mouldings Trim Detail/Paint Question

Started by 69RTSE, February 12, 2016, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69RTSE

I am putting the rear corner "L" Mouldings Trim on my 1969 Dodge Charger.  I had them chromed and cannot find my before pictures.  I remember the inside/bottom tab is detailed with the same black organisal black paint as the rear tail panel.  Also, is the screw painted black?  Does anyone have a good picture of an original piece with the paint.  I checked previous threads and couldn't find a picture.  Thanks.

hemigeno

See below...  I don't think it was organisol, just a flat black - but it's been a while since my car was at that stage.  The screw head was painted.

:cheers:

69RTSE

Thanks for the picture.  Its hard to see in picture, but it appears that the inside is painted, but also  the front.  I seem to remember only a portion of the "L" moulding was painted.  Also, is the long stainless trim piece that goes under the trunk lid and connects with the "L" mouldings also painted black on the under side/side that to joins tail panel?

hemigeno

No - the 'front' is not painted at all, just the 'inside' of the "L" moulding.  To my knowledge, there is no paint on the long straight stainless trim.

hemigeno

I sent a larger/higher-rez photo to your DC.com profile email address.  Hope that's of some help.

:cheers:

69RTSE