News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sway bar link question '69

Started by Puzbie, February 13, 2016, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puzbie

I have a late 69 SE with the towing package option. When the car was torn down at the shop they had to cut off one of the sway bar links which I believe was original to the car, but I can't find an appropriate replacement. Can anyone identify if the one on the top is an original sway bar link? (it is from the other side that wasn't cut off)  The one on the bottom is a reproduction replacement from BRE.  I don't know if mine is an aftermarket, from a 70 since mine was a late build, or special to the towing package cars?  I have had it since '86 so if aftermarket it was pre '86.  I am doing my best to keep it as original as possible...within reason.

Sublime/Sixpack

The top one in your photo looks similar to what is on my '70 Charger R/T. And the lower one in photo looks similar to what is on my '69 Super Bee.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Puzbie

Is there any concern with the different lengths? will the new one still align and function the same?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Puzbie on February 15, 2016, 09:16:11 PM
Is there any concern with the different lengths? will the new one still align and function the same?

Most of the new sway bars go below the rear diff to have a great effect as the lowest point, and I believe the original went above. This will change the length and mounting points.  The one from Firm Feel is like the original.  http://firmfeel.com/b_body_mopar_rear_sway_bar.html
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Puzbie

Sorry for not being clearer...This is for the front.  Thanks for the response