News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel question/Help

Started by DRT77, January 29, 2016, 11:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRT77

Hello I'm looking to purchase Magnum 500 wheels for my '68.  I found a set Vintiques 54 Series Magnum 500 on Craigslist brand new/never mounted.  I just need to verify the size will work before pulling the trigger. 15x7-5X4.5 (4.25 backspacing) product number 54-5712044.  I called the local tire shop and they are concerned with the backspacing especially sense I just converted the car to disc brakes.  I'm not sure what to do and figured I would ask you guy's.  If these wheels work what would be the best tire size?

I currently run 14x6 5x4.5 (Not sure what the backspacing is) Torque Thrust.

Thanks,
1968 Charger
2012 Challenger R/T "Classic"

polywideblock

someone else will chime in, but I think there was a problem with the wheels from them(vintique )

something about the centre locating ring being the wrong size  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

303 Mopar

What size rotors do you have? 11.75" is the largest that will fit on a 15" rim.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

DRT77

I think the center ring line issue is what the tire shop is concerned with.  Rotor size is 10.5" 
1968 Charger

MoParJW

Not sure if this helps, but this is what I know  :Twocents:

Those wheels are lug-centric.
WV says they don't guarantee the center hole is exactly 100% in the center of the wheel, so ideally you should balance them on the wheel lug holes and mount them on the car without a spacer ring.

I have the same dimension wheels for the front of my car, they fit nicely, I do have drums however.

You may want to do a little search or wait for other opinions, iirc some people had issues with the quality of these wheels.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

DRT77

Thanks to everyone that replied.  The owner of the wheels agreed to let me do a test fit if he doesn't sell them over the weekend.  Also gives me a chance to see if the wheels are nice enough to put on a MOPAR  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger