News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window Glide Components

Started by CRW-FK5, January 30, 2016, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

The window on my drivers door is missing the top plastic clip (front edge) that holds the thin glide in place, and the glide itself is pretty shot.  I can't seem to find anyone reproducing either of these parts.  Can anyone help?  See pics below.

Dino

Vent window guides.  I needed a set as well.  I ordered a pair from National Mopars in Ontario on Birdsandbees' recommendation (thanks!   :cheers:)

You can find them on ebay and mopar shops such as here:  http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2932230

But the price is steep.  Cheapest I saw on ebay was $70 each.  They come wth the plastic clips.

The Ontario shop charges $109 CDN for the pair which is less than $80 USD.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dino on January 30, 2016, 10:56:48 PM
Vent window guides.  I needed a set as well.  I ordered a pair from National Mopars in Ontario on Birdsandbees' recommendation (thanks!   :cheers:)

You can find them on ebay and mopar shops such as here:  http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2932230

But the price is steep.  Cheapest I saw on ebay was $70 each.  They come wth the plastic clips.

The Ontario shop charges $109 CDN for the pair which is less than $80 USD.
Thanks.

69bfan

Be very careful if your using the reproduction glass mylar runs.  They will work properly when installed, but they are a real pain to get to work right.  The reason being that the reproductions are made 100% straight where the the original ones had a bit of curvature to them.  This is because the factory glass has a slight bend to itself and this allows the glass to move more smoothly within the stainless channel.  If not very careful, you will end up tearing the reproductions as they will want to bind up and then the mylar ends up tearing.  Fortunately you can still find some of the original pieces, but they are pricey as mentioned above.  I sell both, but most of the time it comes down to if the person doing the car is looking to keep the car vs. the car is being  restored to sell for economic reasons.  So when doing your purchase, make sure to determine if your getting a original Chrysler piece or a reproduction part.  Personally for what they cost, I would purchase the OEM part, but then again, it comes down to how much longer these pieces will be available and the reproductions may be having a very short production run as well.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

CRW-FK5

I checked National Mo-Parts up in Canada and it appears they can get them but they are on back order.  They are the reproduction ones.  I also found a site down in Florida called Drive OEM Autoparts who has them listed as Mopar parts under the P/N: 2932230.  The price is only $49.80 +shipping, but not sure if this is for both L & R windows or just one, and if they are truly Mopar parts or reproduction (the guy at National Mo-Parts said the OEM parts are no longer available).  Has anyone else dealt with Drive or purchased these specific parts from them in the past?  If the price is for whole kit (sold around $100 elsewhere) and is a Mopar part, then it seems like a pretty good deal. 

CRW-FK5

Quote from: 69bfan on January 31, 2016, 10:50:44 AM
Be very careful if your using the reproduction glass mylar runs.  They will work properly when installed, but they are a real pain to get to work right.  The reason being that the reproductions are made 100% straight where the the original ones had a bit of curvature to them.  This is because the factory glass has a slight bend to itself and this allows the glass to move more smoothly within the stainless channel.  If not very careful, you will end up tearing the reproductions as they will want to bind up and then the mylar ends up tearing.  Fortunately you can still find some of the original pieces, but they are pricey as mentioned above.  I sell both, but most of the time it comes down to if the person doing the car is looking to keep the car vs. the car is being  restored to sell for economic reasons.  So when doing your purchase, make sure to determine if your getting a original Chrysler piece or a reproduction part.  Personally for what they cost, I would purchase the OEM part, but then again, it comes down to how much longer these pieces will be available and the reproductions may be having a very short production run as well.
Thanks.  You mentioned you sell both reproduction and originals.  What are your prices?

Dino

The price at drive is for one piece and they are repros as well I believe.

I'm aware of the lack of curvature on the repros, but with some careful heating and mabe a dab of rtv and some gentle clamiping, they should stay curved to the glass pretty good.

When I ordered mine through National they said it could take abut 3 weeks before they have them.  I'm not in any hurry but keep that in mind if you need them soon.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.