News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Foose Charger

Started by Charger1970, January 29, 2016, 09:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1970

This Foose Charger is on eBay. I wonder why the owner sold it. Looks pretty slick. It'll be interesting to see how high the bidding goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-Chip-Foose-Overhaulin-/361479739907?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5429df1a03:g:hdcAAOSwa-dWrB4U&item=361479739907
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

daveco

Probably for sale because Foose did not quite grasp the different style genres, the shaker looks like stilettos on a monk. The wheels look like they belong on a farm implement.

Paint is nice.
R/Tree

chargerperson

Odometer only shows 420 miles which might suggest only 420 miles driven since 2005 restoration.    Whether or not one likes the appearance (I am not a big fan), the car would be great to drive.   

myk

How many people are truly devoted to their cars?  When the need arrives or something shinier catches the eye most people will sell, no matter how much they cried on the TV show.  I bet most of us here would sell if the price was right...

Dino

They got rid of tthe stock gauges...that's one of the main reasons of owning one of those.

Just saw a 66 hemi charger go for $50K on Barret-Jackson.  Much better looking car than this one.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

daveco

Quote from: Dino on January 30, 2016, 12:05:17 AM
They got rid of tthe stock gauges...that's one of the main reasons of owning one of those.

Just saw a 66 hemi charger go for $50K on Barret-Jackson.  Much better looking car than this one.

Exactly, the gauges, the console, the things that made the first gens so cool.
Let's just paste on some later (totally inconsistent) styling queues and giant (also stylistically inconsistent) wheels...

R/Tree

BrianShaughnessy

I guess that kid that got that car really did appreciate it about as much as he looked like he did on the show...   ::)
Anyway,  not my cup of tea.  :Twocents: 

I'd rather have the AMX that same ebay dealer is listing  http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMC-AMX-/361479740075
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

tan top

Quote from: daveco on January 30, 2016, 12:16:48 AM
Quote from: Dino on January 30, 2016, 12:05:17 AM

Just saw a 66 hemi charger go for $50K on Barret-Jackson.  Much better looking car than this one.

Exactly, the gauges, the console, the things that made the first gens so cool.
Let's just paste on some later (totally inconsistent) styling queues and giant (also stylistically inconsistent) wheels...

true  ,    IMO  , every mopar ive seen , that's had Fooses handy work  , is messed  up  , he is a clever guy  , & the guys working for / with him  ,  put the hours in & do some clever stuff ,  just not my taste what he does ,  the chebbys & Phords   he has done  , look better than the mopars  , he has wrecked  :Twocents:
perhaps its me not moving with the times  :o , I  just like them looking stock ish   body / paint / interior wise :shruggy: ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

VegasCharger

Quote from: tan top on January 30, 2016, 02:30:50 PM

true  ,    IMO  , every mopar ive seen , that's had Fooses handy work  , is messed  up  , he is a clever guy  , & the guys working for / with him  ,  put the hours in & do some clever stuff ,  just not my taste what he does ,  the chebbys & Phords   he has done  , look better than the mopars  , he has wrecked  :Twocents:
perhaps its me not moving with the times  :o , I  just like them looking stock ish   body / paint / interior wise :shruggy: ;)

Me too, you're not alone there TT.  :cheers:

With the exception of some cases of having aftermarket wheels/tires.

Other than that keep it stock.

No after market gauges, no hood scoops, no rear wheel fender flares, no spoilers ANYWHERE, no side pipes, no cut hoods, no covering up the hood scallops or door scallops (unless it's 70 R/T), no after market bucket seats.

The following are sometimes NOT seen on 2nd gens and these are my must have (pet peeves). Wheel well trim, Charger sail panel scripts, tail light panels painted black (especially 68s), OEM side mirror(s), chrome bumpers etc.

Yea I know I'm boring :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Mytur Binsdirti

Man that thing is fuuuuuuu-uuuuuugly!

Daytona R/T SE

It's fucking hideous.  :eek2:

TPR

The only shot that looks good is the second one.
Not for me.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

TruckDriver

I always thought that the restoration/customization was not free, that you or someone had to pay for it, or taxes or something like parts. And Foose and his team did all the work  :shruggy:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Cncguy

Foose really hates Door handles though.

rt green

I have'nt seen the show for years, but I always thought, hey let some people fake rip off your car and turn it into some hacks vision. yeh, just how I didn't want it. thanks.
third string oil changer

A383Wing

The Mom of the kid contacted Foose about the car....it was her late husbands if I'm not mistaken....she wanted the kid to have the car all done up...she had to pay Foose for the work...nothing is free.....

when time came around for the unveiling of the car to the kid....he walked in with skateboard in hand and when he saw the car, he could care less....no emotion, no thank yous to anyone.....everyone was stunned....even Mom....so I'm guessing here that Mom is trying to re-coup some of her money she sunk into the car for her brat kid who is still probably carrying around his skateboard.....

and yes, the car is ugly all over except the paint job.....but it's still a pig even if you put lipstick on it

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on January 31, 2016, 06:03:17 PM
The Mom of the kid contacted Foose about the car....it was her late husbands if I'm not mistaken....she wanted the kid to have the car all done up...she had to pay Foose for the work...nothing is free.....

when time came around for the unveiling of the car to the kid....he walked in with skateboard in hand and when he saw the car, he could care less....no emotion, no thank yous to anyone.....everyone was stunned....even Mom....so I'm guessing here that Mom is trying to re-coup some of her money she sunk into the car for her brat kid who is still probably carrying around his skateboard.....

and yes, the car is ugly all over except the paint job.....but it's still a pig even if you put lipstick on it

WOW she paid for it and it wasn't for free?  I know if foose does a car for a person as part of the show they pay only taxes, but in this case she paid it all?

sixty-niner

I remeber that episode, that punk kid could not have cared less.  what a waste!!!
I like hte car though!! should have left in the gauges.

TPR

Quote from: A383Wing on January 31, 2016, 06:03:17 PM
....it was her late husbands if I'm not mistaken....

He'd be turning in his grave.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

myk

The wheels suck and I hate two tone paint jobs, but other than that Foose's work is impressive to me.  I guess some of you guys still refuse to accept the idea of hot rodding or personalization.  Personally, I welcome something other than the usual factory style restoration effort.  That stuff's been done to death...

phantom

Quote from: myk on February 01, 2016, 09:21:05 AM
The wheels suck and I hate two tone paint jobs, but other than that Foose's work is impressive to me.  I guess some of you guys still refuse to accept the idea of hot rodding or personalization.  Personally, I welcome something other than the usual factory style restoration effort.  That stuff's been done to death...

What he said   :yesnod:

RCCDrew

I thought it was ugly until I saw the engine.  :o

GOTWING

Every Mopar he does looks like ass. For some reason a lot of the GM and Fords look pretty good, but he ruins the Mopars ! I could live with the paint on this but the shaker is dumb interior is not my taste and the wheels look like my dogs ass.  :flame:

Aero426

six-tee-nine

OK, bare with me for a second....... but I think one could actually turn that car into a tastefull pro-touring inspired ride with some changes.

Repaint in a single color
Remove the stupid shaker hood.
Put some door handles on it
Turn the interior back into 99% of what ist supposed to look like with the exception of a pair of modern seats
Put some 15" wheels with normal tires on it or what the heck even some 18" wheels..... but not those 20" things with O-ring tires

I actually like the shaved bumpers on this car
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

chargerperson

Quote from: six-tee-nine on February 01, 2016, 01:31:57 PM
OK, bare with me for a second....... but I think one could actually turn that car into a tastefull pro-touring inspired ride with some changes.

Repaint in a single color
Remove the stupid shaker hood.
Put some door handles on it
Turn the interior back into 99% of what ist supposed to look like with the exception of a pair of modern seats
Put some 15" wheels with normal tires on it or what the heck even some 18" wheels..... but not those 20" things with O-ring tires

I actually like the shaved bumpers on this car

Agree, but I would also dump the seats or resurface them as that red is a bit too much for me.  Everything you mention is necessary as well.

ODZKing

Quote from: daveco on January 29, 2016, 09:45:24 PM
Probably for sale because Foose did not quite grasp the different style genres, the shaker looks like stilettos on a monk. The wheels look like they belong on a farm implement.

Paint is nice.
I wouldn't let him near any of my cars. And I saw that episode too ... the kid did seem unappreciative. But after I realized how hacked the cars was I think I would be too.
Taking that ulta-unique dash and putting Harbor Freight gauges in it is awful.
He is a hack. There are thousands of places that make hot rods. Restoring a car to original correctly is the talent.  Which clearly he lacks.
I saw another episode where he took the side markers off a car because he said, "they can't be found".
I can give him numerous links to them right now ... ah, gets me worked up to see that abomination.  Where is the "puke icon?   :flame: :RantExplode:

chargerperson

Quote from: ODZKing on February 01, 2016, 02:03:03 PM

Paint is nice.
I wouldn't let him near any of my cars. And I saw that episode too ... the kid did seem unappreciative. But after I realized how hacked the cars was I think I would be too.
Taking that ulta-unique dash and putting Harbor Freight gauges in it is awful.
He is a hack. There are thousands of places that make hot rods. Restoring a car to original correctly is the talent.  Which clearly he lacks.
I saw another episode where he took the side markers off a car because he said, "they can't be found".
I can give him numerous links to them right now ... ah, gets me worked up to see that abomination.  Where is the "puke icon?   :flame: :RantExplode:

Also for some reason he has to tighten the fit for every car's bumper on every show.  Not sure why as that will turn little bumps into sheet metal damage as opposed to a rechrome of the bumper.

Chargen69

I kind of like the shaker on that car.

I mean, it's not like its a 2nd generation charger anyway.

:popcrn: :popcrn:

:icon_smile_cool:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: chargerperson on January 29, 2016, 10:54:12 PM
Odometer only shows 420 miles which might suggest only 420 miles driven since 2005 restoration.    Whether or not one likes the appearance (I am not a big fan), the car would be great to drive.   

A week before the best numeral month/date of the year or a cannabis lover?  Of all things for him to bastardize, not the gauges & gauge lights!  ::)

I don't mind those wheels, just not that large of diameter.
I wouldn't think many of the unveilings are a surprise.  I don't remember ever seeing a Foose rig that wasn't 2 tone paint?  I bet he used the same logic for going with the aftermarket gauges as he did the marker light someone mentioned.  He figured the dash lights & gauges to be too hard to work on so he just eliminated them. 

Just another car for him.  If he had done any kind of research, he would have known the dash area is special with those cars & at least made an effort to replace it with something that's at least a little appealing?

Hard to say it's his car to do what he wants with.

stripedelete

Quote from: ODZKing on February 01, 2016, 02:03:03 PM

Paint is nice.

I agree.   Refinishing / re-blueing my dad's old hunting gun would wash away a pile of memories for me.

Mikesmoparperformance

The Kid said I WILL NEVER PART WITH IT.. Yeah Right.. He never though what he got form Foose.. he said the car is all NEW The Kid HUH? Merrick.

His Name is still there :o

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

bill440rt

What the heck. I'll play. My  :Twocents:
It's a custom. What some people love others hate. What some hate others love.

I like the Shaker. I like the paint. I even like the wheels.  :icon_smile_wink:

I don't like the cheezy way out on the gauges. The originals are so unique. But I guess it was a "time is of the essence" deal.
I don't like the red/black interior color scheme. Looks like a '50's thing.

There you have it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

cant even please people when its STOCK  :rofl:

daveco

I'm not against nicely customized Mopars, just this car looks so mismatched.
...very well executed miscues.
R/Tree