News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW: 71 Charger R/T - Grand Spaulding Mr. Norm's car

Started by hemi68charger, January 27, 2016, 08:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Grand Spaulding Mr. Norm's Charger R/T;
It is with sadness that I am posting my Buddy's 71 Charger R/T for feelers to see if there's interest here before going to other venues. This is a solid car with a lot of spare/extra parts that go with it; front fenders, quarters, misc items. I believe there is an original 71 gull-wing too. My friend's widow, friend of mine as well, will be actively selling this soon. This is a great car. It isn't perfect and is priced accordingly. I have a complete long list of all the parts that come with it. It is a 440 4bbl auto.

The front fenders will probably need to be replaced with the good ones he has and there is lower quarter past work. This is a nice local show driver and a great base for a very nice fresh restoration if you want.

I will probably get more pictures this weekend. But, the interior is in nice shape....

So, whatcha think?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

polywideblock

very nice car     :yesnod:    can't help with value ,but I'd guess low to mid 20's  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

fc7_plumcrazy

Troy first of all I am sorry to hear that your friend will soon not be anymore with us.

Looking at the Charger RT it is difficult to place a value.
Cars which are in driver condition are tough to sell these days in the upper price classes
Most people either want a show car or a project.

I would guess 20-22k$

Carsten

hemi68charger

Thanks guys.... I should hopefully get more information this weekend along with pictures...

Cheers,
Troy
Troy

ACUDANUT

I still thinks it's worth more in the 50K range.  See what an auction will bring and let us know.  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

if it was restored that's close to what  it would bring at mecum or somewhere like that  :scratchchin: 
                                  but  its a driver quality car so I'm sticking to mid twenties  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

nstyle73

Unfortunately, I tend to agree.  If you look at completed listings on ebay over the last year (not that ebay is the best measure, but it is a publicly available source of sale prices), true auctions of driver quality cars are in the 20-30K range.  Individual classic car dealers have demanded higher prices, but many have had their R/Ts for sale for quite some time. Based on the pictures it is a nice driver, despite whatever rust issues were described in the quarter and fenders.  Options and spare parts could add some to the sale price, but right now most non-rotisserie U-code non-track Pak cars can be had for $25K

hemi68charger

Quote from: nstyle73 on February 01, 2016, 06:57:25 PM
...but right now most non-rotisserie U-code non-track Pak cars can be had for $25K

This is sort of the mark his widow is looking for.........
Troy

ACUDANUT

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 02, 2016, 07:44:58 AM
Quote from: nstyle73 on February 01, 2016, 06:57:25 PM
...but right now most non-rotisserie U-code non-track Pak cars can be had for $25K

This is sort of the mark his widow is looking for.........

Agree.   Sorry for your loss Troy.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 03, 2016, 05:42:48 PM
Any pic's of the dash and engine ?

Haven't gotten over to her house yet. She has been with girlfriends at a retreat to help her with this whole ordeal..
Troy