News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Foose Charger

Started by Charger1970, January 29, 2016, 09:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

OK, bare with me for a second....... but I think one could actually turn that car into a tastefull pro-touring inspired ride with some changes.

Repaint in a single color
Remove the stupid shaker hood.
Put some door handles on it
Turn the interior back into 99% of what ist supposed to look like with the exception of a pair of modern seats
Put some 15" wheels with normal tires on it or what the heck even some 18" wheels..... but not those 20" things with O-ring tires

I actually like the shaved bumpers on this car
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

chargerperson

Quote from: six-tee-nine on February 01, 2016, 01:31:57 PM
OK, bare with me for a second....... but I think one could actually turn that car into a tastefull pro-touring inspired ride with some changes.

Repaint in a single color
Remove the stupid shaker hood.
Put some door handles on it
Turn the interior back into 99% of what ist supposed to look like with the exception of a pair of modern seats
Put some 15" wheels with normal tires on it or what the heck even some 18" wheels..... but not those 20" things with O-ring tires

I actually like the shaved bumpers on this car

Agree, but I would also dump the seats or resurface them as that red is a bit too much for me.  Everything you mention is necessary as well.

ODZKing

Quote from: daveco on January 29, 2016, 09:45:24 PM
Probably for sale because Foose did not quite grasp the different style genres, the shaker looks like stilettos on a monk. The wheels look like they belong on a farm implement.

Paint is nice.
I wouldn't let him near any of my cars. And I saw that episode too ... the kid did seem unappreciative. But after I realized how hacked the cars was I think I would be too.
Taking that ulta-unique dash and putting Harbor Freight gauges in it is awful.
He is a hack. There are thousands of places that make hot rods. Restoring a car to original correctly is the talent.  Which clearly he lacks.
I saw another episode where he took the side markers off a car because he said, "they can't be found".
I can give him numerous links to them right now ... ah, gets me worked up to see that abomination.  Where is the "puke icon?   :flame: :RantExplode:

chargerperson

Quote from: ODZKing on February 01, 2016, 02:03:03 PM
Probably for sale because Foose did not quite grasp the different style genres, the shaker looks like stilettos on a monk. The wheels look like they belong on a farm implement.

Paint is nice.
I wouldn't let him near any of my cars. And I saw that episode too ... the kid did seem unappreciative. But after I realized how hacked the cars was I think I would be too.
Taking that ulta-unique dash and putting Harbor Freight gauges in it is awful.
He is a hack. There are thousands of places that make hot rods. Restoring a car to original correctly is the talent.  Which clearly he lacks.
I saw another episode where he took the side markers off a car because he said, "they can't be found".
I can give him numerous links to them right now ... ah, gets me worked up to see that abomination.  Where is the "puke icon?   :flame: :RantExplode:

Also for some reason he has to tighten the fit for every car's bumper on every show.  Not sure why as that will turn little bumps into sheet metal damage as opposed to a rechrome of the bumper.

Chargen69

I kind of like the shaker on that car.

I mean, it's not like its a 2nd generation charger anyway.

:popcrn: :popcrn:

:icon_smile_cool:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: chargerperson on January 29, 2016, 10:54:12 PM
Odometer only shows 420 miles which might suggest only 420 miles driven since 2005 restoration.    Whether or not one likes the appearance (I am not a big fan), the car would be great to drive.   

A week before the best numeral month/date of the year or a cannabis lover?  Of all things for him to bastardize, not the gauges & gauge lights!  ::)

I don't mind those wheels, just not that large of diameter.
I wouldn't think many of the unveilings are a surprise.  I don't remember ever seeing a Foose rig that wasn't 2 tone paint?  I bet he used the same logic for going with the aftermarket gauges as he did the marker light someone mentioned.  He figured the dash lights & gauges to be too hard to work on so he just eliminated them. 

Just another car for him.  If he had done any kind of research, he would have known the dash area is special with those cars & at least made an effort to replace it with something that's at least a little appealing?

Hard to say it's his car to do what he wants with.

stripedelete

Quote from: ODZKing on February 01, 2016, 02:03:03 PM

Paint is nice.

I agree.   Refinishing / re-blueing my dad's old hunting gun would wash away a pile of memories for me.

Mikesmoparperformance

The Kid said I WILL NEVER PART WITH IT.. Yeah Right.. He never though what he got form Foose.. he said the car is all NEW The Kid HUH? Merrick.

His Name is still there :o

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

bill440rt

What the heck. I'll play. My  :Twocents:
It's a custom. What some people love others hate. What some hate others love.

I like the Shaker. I like the paint. I even like the wheels.  :icon_smile_wink:

I don't like the cheezy way out on the gauges. The originals are so unique. But I guess it was a "time is of the essence" deal.
I don't like the red/black interior color scheme. Looks like a '50's thing.

There you have it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

cant even please people when its STOCK  :rofl:

daveco

I'm not against nicely customized Mopars, just this car looks so mismatched.
...very well executed miscues.
R/Tree