News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I just stopped telling my wife how much $$
She gave up on "the look" long ago
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

mike69440

Quote from: garner7555 on October 13, 2017, 05:57:31 AM
Quote from: mike69440 on October 12, 2017, 07:20:13 PM
A lot of used parts, Cheap as possible?  Huh?  That was way back.

n efficient inter-cooled Axial flow compressor, i.e. KB or Whipple works wonders for big time grunt. 

Sure have a lot of time effort parts and skill into "Daisy"

You know, 2nd Gen Chargers clean up real well.

Ever think about sealing up the body & rattle can flat black till you finally decide she should be pretty?

If you think this build is being done "cheap as possible" then you must live a wonderful life.  This car may not win car shows, but he has spent quite a large amount of money on drive train.  When you count labor (because he could have been making money working on customer's cars) then he has really got a large investment in this car.  If it were mine, I definitely wouldn't call it cheap.    :Twocents:

I don't believe you understood I was joking.  There is an awful lot of cash, fine planning and craftsmanship that went into Daisy.

I'm sure the OP never dreamed he would take it this far.

Kern Dog

I am a smart ass and a smart aleck....I get misunderstood a whole lot online. I rarely go on the attack against anyone but my sarcasm is often hard to convey. I guess it is more common than I thought!
Those emoticons above do help...a laugh, the head slap, eye roll... they do come in handy to soften the blow of the joke- insults.

cbrestorations

Quote from: mike69440 on October 13, 2017, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: garner7555 on October 13, 2017, 05:57:31 AM
Quote from: mike69440 on October 12, 2017, 07:20:13 PM
A lot of used parts, Cheap as possible?  Huh?  That was way back.

n efficient inter-cooled Axial flow compressor, i.e. KB or Whipple works wonders for big time grunt. 

Sure have a lot of time effort parts and skill into "Daisy"

You know, 2nd Gen Chargers clean up real well.

Ever think about sealing up the body & rattle can flat black till you finally decide she should be pretty?

If you think this build is being done "cheap as possible" then you must live a wonderful life.  This car may not win car shows, but he has spent quite a large amount of money on drive train.  When you count labor (because he could have been making money working on customer's cars) then he has really got a large investment in this car.  If it were mine, I definitely wouldn't call it cheap.    :Twocents:

I don't believe you understood I was joking.  There is an awful lot of cash, fine planning and craftsmanship that went into Daisy.

I'm sure the OP never dreamed he would take it this far.

Pretty much dead one, I didn't plan on this car. It just morphed into what it is now. A lot of things I wanna do different but instead of back tracking I'll just finish it how it is. I'll improve on "daisy 2.0" lol. Learned a lot on this one

cbrestorations

donked out my ride with some new spinners yo...and ditched the ol' dumpster wheels

TPR

Saw you with Daisy on Roadkill's live fb feed.
Nice work Man.
:2thumbs:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

BDF

Mopar Nut

I was looking for you guys, but someone said you took off in a hurry.    :shruggy:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cbrestorations

Took off in a hurry? I didn't spend a lot of time with the car. Was busy looking at what there was to see at the show

Mopar Nut

You did good, any plans on paint?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

garner7555

This has been one of my favorite builds to follow.   Great work   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Derwud

Saw the car in person.. Awesome build..
Who makes the wheels..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

alfaitalia

Looking better than ever. Anything blown (er herm!) gets my vote.

Please don't paint it.....looks great as it is. Wont look "rat" painted!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cbrestorations

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 29, 2017, 08:10:01 AM
Looking better than ever. Anything blown (er herm!) gets my vote.

Please don't paint it.....looks great as it is. Wont look "rat" painted!

Since mine is blown and hemi do I get 2 thumbs up lol

djcarguy

BDF

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

cbrestorations

Vintage wheels, took me awhile to find the right wheel for this car

funknut

Looking awesome, can't wait to hear it.  :2thumbs:

cbrestorations

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 29, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

ive thought about it, but 9 out of 10 people said i hope ur not painting this, and i agree it looked more rugged as is

Mopar Nut

Quote from: cbrestorations on November 03, 2017, 01:22:37 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 29, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

ive thought about it, but 9 out of 10 people said i hope ur not painting this, and i agree it looked more rugged as is
Awesome, I like it the way it is too.  :2thumbs:

chapel40

I like it however you like it!! Bad AZZ :drool5:
Don Chapel

cbrestorations

Lotta work done since last post, fuel system, ice box for intercooler, and started making the stainless headers out of a used set of NASCAR headers I've cut up and re shaped. Best headers being tri-y's and fab work is best for the NASCAR stuff. Just a pain welding .025" thick thin wall stainless

richf

1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student