News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firecore ignition wires, pictures installed.

Started by BLK 68 R/T, January 25, 2016, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

I'm looking at the Firecore factory fit plug wires for a mopar big block with HP manifolds and wondering if anyone has any pictures of them installed? I am just curious if the ends are correct?  90 degree plug boots and 180 degree dist cap boots?

firefighter3931

The Factory Fit wires are an exact reproduction of the OEM wireset. They are configured to be routed using the stock wire looms. The plug ends are 90* and the distributor cap ends are a mixture of 90* & 180*.....just like they were originally  :yesnod:

If you want a set with all straight 180* on the cap end just let me know and I can have them custom built to your specs.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BLK 68 R/T

Thanks Ron, I forgot there was a mix of the 90 and 180 on the dist end. This is what I am looking for  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

You're welcome BLK68  :2thumbs:

I've sold many a set of the factory fit wires to the resto guys and they love them because they look just like stock wires but perform much better. The FF wires use premium double crimped brass terminals and are a true 250 ohm/ft ignition lead. Very popular with the factory stock & FAST (Factory Appearing Stock Tire) racers. Some of those guys run the FF wires on builds exceeding 700HP  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BLK 68 R/T

Thanks for the link HeavyFuel. Lots of good looking engines in that thread  :drool5:

303 Mopar

Here is my 440 Firecore - RTR distributor, coil mounted on inner fender.

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

HeavyFuel

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 26, 2016, 11:05:42 AM
Thanks for the link HeavyFuel. Lots of good looking engines in that thread  :drool5:

:2thumbs:

I don't know if the link pops right to my engine bay or not...but I have the Firecores on.

Just 6T9 CHGR

These are an older set of the Firecore wires (without any printing on them) and some modified stock wire holders

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: HeavyFuel on February 04, 2016, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 26, 2016, 11:05:42 AM

:2thumbs:

I don't know if the link pops right to my engine bay or not...but I have the Firecores on.

Yep it did! I actually saw 2 engines in the thread that are yours I think?
Thanks again.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 06, 2016, 01:36:12 PM
These are an older set of the Firecore wires (without any printing on them) and some modified stock wire holders

Very nice, thanks for the pictures  :2thumbs: