News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone using "Calyx Manifold Dressing" ?

Started by b5blue, January 25, 2016, 06:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Thinking of trying Calyx on my HP exhaust manifolds while they are off for a head swap?  :scratchchin:  I'm wondering if it holds up over time?
http://www.eastwood.com/calyx-manifold-coating.html

b5blue

I got some and will be testing it during my head swap. Apparently it's Graphite paste from the MSD's statement.  :scratchchin: My thinking is with aluminum head/intake slow down possible rusting.

71_Charger_R/T

Here's four years difference. Engine never started between pictures.......

b5blue

:o  That's a shame, I know they talk about running the engine to burn the coating on. Mine is getting started this weekend!  :scratchchin:

BSB67

Never used the stuff. But i think I heard others say it works pretty good.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

BSB67

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on March 02, 2016, 10:12:07 AM
Here's four years difference. Engine never started between pictures.......

I really like that picture with the the bridge in the back ground.  Do you actually live in Deluth, or was that a road trip?  That area is so rich in geologic history and significance in modern life and most people don't realize it.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

71_Charger_R/T

Thanks! Yes, I live in Duluth.  That Bridge is pretty much the icon of Duluth. It's the only one like it in north america. It's kind of special to me as my Dad worked on it for 33 years and was chief operator for a number of years before he died. Yes, you are right, this area is rich in history. All the way from fur trading to the Iron Range and big industry (at one time, but no longer) Heck! Even the giant 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing) had its humble beginnings right up the north shore from here in Two Harbors. (the original little building still stands) We have the Beautiful Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake in the world. Lots of natural beauty in this area.  It's sad to see this once significant city becoming nothing more than a tourist town. But a beautifully scenic town it is!

How are you aware of this area's history? Are you a Geologist?