News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Tail Panel R/T Emblem Location

Started by Needa68, November 13, 2008, 06:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needa68

Hi All:

We're cloning a basic 1968 Charger into an R/T model. We've located an R/T badge for the grille. It fits perfectly into the grille headlight door mounting holes where the basic arrow badge was originally.

Unfortunately, thus far we have been unable to purchase an R/T badge for the rear finish panel.

Our question is this....Does the rear finish panel R/T badge fit in the same mounting holes as the rear arrow badge that came on the car originally?

Thanks for your attention to this query!
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

Kazza68

Hi

I'm a few years late responding to this query... but does anyone have an answer? I'm about to do the same night and curious to know if the 68 Charger R/T emblem I'm about to purchase from YearOne will fit into the rear finish panel of the original rear arrow badge?

Thanks all, happy driving

Lennard

No, the RT emblem will NOT fit using the arrow emblem holes.

Kazza68

Thanks Lennard, much appreciated. I'll have to come up with something clever!

Cheers

Lennard

Quote from: Kazza68 on November 03, 2015, 02:20:59 AM
Thanks Lennard, much appreciated. I'll have to come up with something clever!

Cheers
Like welding up the old holes and drill new ones in the right location? 😄

Dino

That would be the only good way to do it.  Everthing else involves band aids.  I still need to find a nice arrow badge for mine so thanks for reminding me.  :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kazza68