News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A quick question about seats...

Started by UH60L, January 18, 2016, 02:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Sorry if I've asked this before, I can't remember....

I know you can get foams, covers, prices and parts, even send you seats in to say Legendary, and have them redone.

My question is, does anyone sell complete OEM style seats ready to be installed?

I'm good at a lot of mechanical stuff, and am even rewiring my car right now, but upholstery is not my thing and my seat frames/springs are kind if rough...

Kern Dog

myk

I'm glad that you're at that stage...

ht4spd307

buy all of components and take them to an auto upholsterer to do them for you this would be the best bet

Alaskan_TA

It depends. I have a complete 1970 Cuda set here, all done & ready to go.

If I get a complete set in I'll do it, but nothing for a Charger yet.

timmycharger

If you are left with no choice other than to do them yourself, I think you could be able to pull it off. I had zero experience with upholstery and after doing some research and watching some of Legendary Interior's videos on Youtube, it was not hard at all.  I sent my springs off to be sand blasted and painted, got some new foams for the fronts and a cheap set of hog ring pliers and a bunch of hog rings.  The big cost was for the Legendary cover set, there are cheaper alternatives but after seeing some of the installed pictures, I was not impressed.

Good luck!

BrianShaughnessy

There was somebody on ebay trying to sell something that looked 'close' to original complete seats a couple years ago.  They didn't impress me.   They were just black vinyl on what looked like generic frames.  I haven't seen them on ebay for quite awhile now.

I went with 68/9 cores and dropped them off at Legendary for a matching set of their leather Rallye seats.   They were having a holiday 25% off sale so I thought I'd save a bundle....  but that didn't exactly happen.    Leather is never on sale  :icon_smile_blackeye:

For anybody that goes this way learn from me and media blast and paint your seat frames yourself.   I didn't think my cores were that bad but they were.    Take no chances at $75 / hr labor at Legendary  :Twocents:

I did manage to save 25% at PG Classic on new repro headrests.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Brock Lee

When shopping for seats..try and buy them in person. If you have to buy online, insist on a 24 hour approval period. The foam traps in moisture and quite often the seat frames underneath are rotted. You can't tell by simply looking at the seats.

UH60L

That's what I figured.  I'm kind of leaning towards having a shop put them together once I have all the new parts.  Depends on how much they charge.

It just feels good to be able to work in again, and make progress.