News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starship Enterprise to me ?

Started by Challenger340, January 15, 2016, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Just so much more sensitivity on Heads than my old bench.... WOW !  Now I can see even the smallest changes.
No more calculations....
No more by guess and by golly above 400 cfm....
and,
the software does it all ! Swirl, Tumble, NEAT stuff  :2thumbs:

Now, where are those damn photon torpedoes ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

flyinlow

Well that blows...and sucks...  Looks like a nice rig.

So is the 750 just a model # or is that the max cfm?

How dose it work? Just curious.

Can it pulse like an engine would?

Challenger340

I guess they needed a new model number when they updated the old SF600 Benchs which were the "Industry standard", so they added 2 more motors to add capacity, computerized it, and added a motor controller and named it the SF750.
As pressure drop increases, actual max cfm decreases, and vice versa.... but still above 600 cfm @ 28" H2o which is the "sensitivity" to smaller changes I like.
You just set the pressure drop you wish to test at and the Computer/motor controller maintains it for you.

Nope, it can't "pulse" by itself as you said, but with other Laptop Software that talks to the Bench Computer, you can simulate the "increasing" low pressure area in the cylinder the Piston creates as it accelerates away from TDC, to "maximum" speed or draw mid Stroke, then plot a pressure drop graph(like a parabola) which assists in understanding the pressure drop is not linear across the full piston sweep, so you can map port velocity at each lift/pressure drop closer to what the engine may generate.
It is a tool pure & simple, and only as good as the person using it.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

crj1968

Nice! Full speed ahead !

What is that monster HEMI in the picture all about?

cdr

VERY COOL!! I just have my toy Super flow 110.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

firefighter3931

Very cool Bob !  :icon_smile_cool:

That's a very nice piece of equipment !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

Quote from: crj1968 on January 19, 2016, 12:46:13 PM
Nice! Full speed ahead !

What is that monster HEMI in the picture all about?

Canadian Street Outlaw Engine, just back for freshening, have a look around, you know... just check it out after 3 years of being whooped on in the street driven environment.

Quote from: cdr on January 19, 2016, 03:55:16 PM
VERY COOL!! I just have my toy Super flow 110.

NOTHING wrong with the SF110 Charlie, they work extremely well ! 

If it weren't for me spending the kids inheritance, and playing at extremely high port velocities, the SF110 is just PUSS !

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 19, 2016, 05:01:34 PM
Very cool Bob !  :icon_smile_cool:

That's a very nice piece of equipment !  :2thumbs:

Ron

Thanks Ron,
We're also looking at some Rottler stuff at the moment.

The hard part with any new equipment purchase, is everything I currently have in older equipment ? it all still works just GREAT !
So it is hard to justify buying the newest, latest, supposedly "greatest" stuff ?
"Straight & Round"..... is Straight and Round ? end of story !   especially when I've seen "poop" come off whizzy machines operated by dorks ?

There are "time" considerations to being able to do stuff faster obviously, but I just dunno if we want "more" in the door anyways ?  Sometimes it still amazes me that people still even want this stuff done at all ?
But with the slow economy.... many manu's are trying to sell me stuff at some pretty attractive pricing. We'll see I guess.