News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Hood Fit & Gap to the Cowl ?

Started by james j, January 19, 2016, 11:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james j

Hi Everyone!
I've tried searching and could not find much, so here goes. Just yesterday, my fabricator/painter and I installed, aligned and gapped the fenders and lower valence. The gaps between the fenders to doors looks great and even, but after test fitting the hood, it seems as if this gap was intended to grow wider across the width of the hood (1/4") or so. So I'm just wondering if this is supposed to be like this? I tried a google image search but that too came up with nothing relevant. Any bit of a sanity check or picture of an unmolested car would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

JJ

james j

FWIW, the leading edge of the hood seems to line up well with the fronts of the fenders. We also carried a nice uniform gap between the fenders & doors and fenders and rocker panels. The doors, cowl and fenders are original to the car (AFAIK) and the hood was off another '68 or '69. ...all the other gaps (save for the hood/cowl) look pretty good; fenders/door, fenders/rocker, doors/quarter panels too.

Alaskan_TA

I do the hood first, then adjust the fenders to the doors.