News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How sharp should this body line be?

Started by timmycharger, January 19, 2016, 04:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

My doors were sandblasted down to metal then coated with primer and I am having a hard time seeing if there should be a prominent body line here or not. See the pic below, its the main body line of the car, the one that goes right down the middle of the quarter/door/fender and on my fender and quarter its pretty crisp, as well as on the door except for the area in front of the top scallop (actually the bottom of the top scallop if that makes sense), see pic below. Sorry if the photo is of someone's car here, just needed a good example to demonstrate.

How sharp should this line be? I have countless photos of original cars and still cant get a good feel for it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

jaak

Quote from: timmycharger on January 19, 2016, 04:05:47 PM
My doors were sandblasted down to metal then coated with primer and I am having a hard time seeing if there should be a prominent body line here or not. See the pic below, its the main body line of the car, the one that goes right down the middle of the quarter/door/fender and on my fender and quarter its pretty crisp, as well as on the door except for the area in front of the top scallop (actually the bottom of the top scallop if that makes sense), see pic below. Sorry if the photo is of someone's car here, just needed a good example to demonstrate.

How sharp should this line be? I have countless photos of original cars and still cant get a good feel for it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

If you are talking about between the scallops and the front edge of the door, there really isn''t a noticable line there. I have seen a few cars where it has been block sanding in, and it sort of looks funny. Both doors on my 69 and my 68 before paint, didn't have a sharp line there.

Jason

mpd659

I have several original doors. My lines are sharp on the bottom of the top scallop until the end of the scallop and then as the body line travels down the door the door line is not as sharp.  Send me your email address and I can send you photos if need. Aftermarket skins I have found the door scallop lines to be different. Compare an original door to and AMD. It's a huge difference if you know what you are looking for. In your photo of the door, the top body line on the bottom scallop should be the same as the bottom body line on the top scallop and then it sort of fades as it travels down the door.

Russ

timmycharger

Thank you guys, that makes perfect sense, my doors look exactly as you described. thanks for the input.