News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's see your hood pins on your charger

Started by cavemanno1, January 18, 2016, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

I'd really like to get hood pins,not just just for the cool factor,but saftey as well.However first i'd like to see chargers with them on!
You guys have any tips who to buy from and what lengh does it need to be for a '68?
I know Herbs,vans auto,ebay and otheres sell them but which one you guys prefer?

Let's see the pictures! :2thumbs:

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Just 6T9 CHGR

OEM length is 19"  Got my set from a local vendor.  Pretty much all the same.  They are not everyone's cup of tea on the 68-69 Charger's  I think with the V21 option it ties together nicely... :Twocents:

Not sure if it was an available option for '68....  For '69 it was optional code J45

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cdr

got mine from Herbs
I have a glass hood now so i needed 4

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JR

Mine is supposed to have them, but I can't decide if they look cool, or like clutter. My replacement hood never had the holes drilled.

I guess it depends on the car.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Baldwinvette77

these are the only things holding my hood down  :rofl:

phantom

You guys with wires, arent you afraid the wires will scratch the hood paint?

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: phantom on January 23, 2016, 09:21:58 AM

the ones i've seen are coated in a thin plastic, but i haven't seen all styles  :shruggy:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 23, 2016, 10:21:33 AM

the ones i've seen are coated in a thin plastic, but i haven't seen all styles  :shruggy:

My Cuda has the wires covered in plastic and don't leave any marks.   :2thumbs:

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

b5blue

I have had hood locks on my 70 for 20 years. I've the built in locks that have the barrel key. Had to replace the first set after about 12 years. Mounted in the standard location like pins fit. After having 2 cars stolen I wanted an extra layer of protection! I had to enlarge the factory hood lower frame holes a bit and it's a pain getting everything assembled and adjusted but the peace of mind knowing nobody can just pop the hood is worth the odd looks.

charger chris

Quote from: b5blue on January 23, 2016, 03:56:31 PM
I have had hood locks on my 70 for 20 years. I've the built in locks that have the barrel key. Had to replace the first set after about 12 years. Mounted in the standard location like pins fit. After having 2 cars stolen I wanted an extra layer of protection! I had to enlarge the factory hood lower frame holes a bit and it's a pain getting everything assembled and adjusted but the peace of mind knowing nobody can just pop the hood is worth the odd looks.
I hear what you are saying. I plan on doing the same to my cars too. Plus some other things.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

nvrbdn

here is my hood pins on my charger. ...........

OK, its a joke. I never installed hood pins. Just not sure if I want to or not. :scratchchin:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cdr

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 23, 2016, 05:53:33 PM
here is my hood pins on my charger. ...........

OK, its a joke. I never installed hood pins. Just not sure if I want to or not. :scratchchin:

if those are the cheapy parts store ones, dont use them, get the mopar type , herbs, & many others.   :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

nvrbdn

I have the good ones that are in the box, but didn't want to dig them out for the pic. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Just 6T9 CHGR

The 19" cables on the '69s are quite tight & do rub the hood paint.  Even though they are rubber coated they do leave a mark. I added a small piece of clear door edge guard to the hood where the contact occurs...pretty much invisible unless you are looking for it.

This R6 red original J45 coded '69 is using the longer 23" cables after its restoration....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Cncguy

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T