News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dyno Tuning Services near Dallas TX

Started by 484Hemi, January 17, 2016, 03:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

484Hemi

Hi All,
I am looking for a good dyno shop near Dallas TX, that is also familiar with classic Mopars, or just has expertise in working on/fine tuning the dual carbs, if needed.  Most importantly, I am looking to get a baseline on my engine power and torque (I have no idea how much hp/torque it has).  Also interested in the tuning aspect, as the car is very powerful and annihilates my 295/50/15 BFGs, but bogs when floored from a standing start. 
A short background on the car.  It is a 1968 Charger with a period correct Hemi (not a crate engine).  it is a fairly fresh build (around 5K miles) but was built prior to my ownership. From the receipts, I can see it was bored and stroked to 484 (Keith Black steel billet stroker crank .40 over, .006 overbore), hydraulic Comp Cam (.551/533 lift, 275/287 duration, 108 lobe separation, Diamond Pistons, 9.5:1), electronic distributor, ported factory heads, factory exhaust manifolds and exhaust,beefed up 727 auto w/gear vendors overdrive, and a Dana 60 with 3.55 gears.   I do suspect the bog may be due to a low stall converter (around 2500 rpm), but not sure.  Cam rating states 2200 - 6000 rpm.  Any help on finding a good dyno tuning shop, or even some insights on my current setup is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete