News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So where can I get the C piller metal and the hinges for the c500 trunk?

Started by Shelby67air, January 13, 2016, 04:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby67air

Saving for the restoration of my C500. Figured to collect the rare parts first then start the bodywork. Need the rear window trim, trunk hinges and the metal over the c pillers. If I hit the powerball im going to replace the motor with a Hellcat drivetrain. Should be good for a few extra ponies.

white

Auto metal direct has the rear window trim for sale. I think it is listed for the daytona?  Hope this helps you out.

C500

Quote from: Shelby67air on January 13, 2016, 04:37:32 PM
Saving for the restoration of my C500. Figured to collect the rare parts first then start the bodywork. Need the rear window trim, trunk hinges and the metal over the c pillers. If I hit the powerball im going to replace the motor with a Hellcat drivetrain. Should be good for a few extra ponies.

Larry 'Daytonalo' makes the trunk hinges, and they look outstanding. Metal over C pillars? Do you mean A pillar wind deflectors? He makes those too.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

500Jon

HellCat-C500!

Now that would please some Folks no end!!! :2thumbs:
(A-pillar not C-pillar moldings.)

Good luck with the C500 rebuild Shelby dude.
You have one of the rarest cars known to Moparman... :drool5:

If you win the powerball buy a Hemi Daytona and 'GIVE' your C500 to someone else.
That way your soul will go to Mopar-Heaven for a wonderful deed!!! :angelwing: :angelwing: :angelwing:

HNY from 5J

ps were you one of the three winners, $500,000,000 each, you could buy all the hemi Daytonas lol... :slap:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Shelby67air

Wow, found the trim for the rear window. $1000.   luckly i was sitting down. it is 5 pieces of metal right? Are they made of Gold?  guess I need to get it. Hopefully The aluminum for the side of the windshield will be cheaper. Anyone in CT that can help me decide on the correct color. pretty sure its R4 but it looks lighter orange.

Thanks

hemi68charger

Quote from: Shelby67air on January 14, 2016, 05:01:32 PM
Wow, found the trim for the rear window. $1000.   luckly i was sitting down. it is 5 pieces of metal right? Are they made of Gold?  guess I need to get it. Hopefully The aluminum for the side of the windshield will be cheaper. Anyone in CT that can help me decide on the correct color. pretty sure its R4 but it looks lighter orange.

Thanks

Is there any original paint on the floor pan, door jambs, etc in the car ( I'm assuming you're asking this because you don't have a fender tag ).. Some times a good quality picture here might give an answer. The wind deflectors as they are called on the windshield a-pillars are much cheaper.... Regarding the price of the moulding, it is simple "Supply and Demand"...

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shelby67air

ill post some pictures. Your right supply and demand. since I didnt win powerball i guess im saving $1000 for trim

fc7_plumcrazy

hemi68charger

Quote from: Shelby67air on January 15, 2016, 01:34:41 AM
ill post some pictures. Your right supply and demand. since I didnt win powerball i guess im saving $1000 for trim

Just remember, for something that doesn't have a big demand, items may or may not be always available... When it comes to these, there are only so many C500/Daytonas/Clones made... Hopefully it won't be a run-1-batch-and-that's-it situation...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE