News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 500 Value/Fair Price

Started by dubsesda3, December 15, 2016, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_Charger_R/T

The "V7W" stripe would be the same as what is on the car in 400sforever's post, except in white.  Also the same (only white not black) as the one on 71SE383's avatar. It is not the body side molding as polywideblock has stated.  Neither is it the R/T/superbee stripe shown by sdweatherman. (sorry, I can't post pictures of a good example! My photobucket  is having problems and not allowing me to use it.)
If that car is as solid and complete as it looks from the pictures, I wouldn't feel $6000 is out of line at all! 

71 SE3834V

This might help.
For the record, my car has the "500" stripe not the correct "SE" stripe that goes across the roof.

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

plumsun3

Unless your a real purist I wouldn't sweat the number's thing. With a rust free body, some clean interior parts, you have a good start. I owned a 500 model back around '75,
that was the reason I recently purchased another '71. I love the style, the taillights and always preferred them over Gen IIs because of the newer modern dash, interiors, and no wing windows. But that's me.

dubsesda3

Someone else bought it before I could get back up to it. I'm okay with that since it's not the R/T that I lust after. Time to raise my savings and get the right car. :2thumbs:
Thanks for all the input guys, I'm going to stick around here and learn as much as I possibly can.