News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Charger Hard Starting

Started by boys3rt, January 18, 2016, 08:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boys3rt

Recently having a hard starting condition with my Hemi Charger. Having headers I installed an electric choke. Primary question is that when cranking and not starting I let go of the key and feel the engine kick. I am also suspect of a flooding condition as well!  Has anybody out there experienced that condition?

Thanks for the read !

firefighter3931

The kick you describe could be timing related. Does the engine turn over slow ? Advanced timing can cause engine kickback.  :yesnod:

A hard/no start condition can be fuel or ignition related. Low voltage, weak ignition or flooding will all cause these issues.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

XH29N0G

A longshot - because I think more is needs to be known.  Check to see if you are getting spark when cranking.  I had a situation with the connector to the key switch working loose (inside the car) where the engine would crank, there was no spark (ignition), but there was power to the ignition in the run position.  The way to check (if I remember correctly) is to look for voltage to the coil.  I hooked up a multimeter set to volts and rested it on the windshield to diagnose
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....