News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

💲💲💲💲 GAS PRICES are back to 2006 and lower. 📉

Started by skip68, January 06, 2016, 11:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Well we're back in the past.  Gas has been holding and going down for months.   Oil is still dropping and I'm not sure where it'll bottom out.    I'm paying a little less per gallon today ($2.13 for reg) than I did 10 years ago.     :2thumbs: 
I know Alaska is feeling the pinch and wonder when the industry is going to cut production?    :shruggy: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ODZKing

Been $1.90-1.99 here for a few weeks. I'm good with that!   :yesnod:

crj1968

The Bakken folks aren't backing down yet.  Some of the smaller operations have had to shut down but the big boys know how to drill cheaper now.
I've  some mineral rights out there (very little split between a bunch of family)...so payouts are down but gas prices are too, so It's pretty much wash.

I checked my fuel rewards card from local grocery and I get a buck off for up to 35 gallons. Thats when we'll take both cars to the same pump.   :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Utah just added a 5 cents a gallon tax this year to help pay for k y jelly.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Baldwinvette77

Gas is about 85 cents a liter here.. yeah sorry im metric  :rotz:

Mike DC

$2.13 in today's dollars is more like $1.80 in 2006 dollars.

Friggin' Obama   :brickwall:

XH29N0G

I gather it has something to do with inflation and gas prices, but don't understand the Obama comment. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

JB400

I think it's nice to fill up a full size truck for less than $50.  I'm not crying much either :lol:

Mike DC

Quotegather it has something to do with inflation and gas prices, but don't understand the Obama comment.

That was scarcasm.  If prices were high then people would be blaming Obama. 

Kern Dog

For some reason, prices went up 30 cents from Mid December to last week. It was at 2.07 and then it jumped up to almost 2.40.

XH29N0G

Thanks for the clarification.  I was just puzzled.  Looking up gas, inflation etc....  Also developed a keener interest in oil lately. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

lukedukem

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 07, 2016, 12:59:44 AM
For some reason, prices went up 30 cents from Mid December to last week. It was at 2.07 and then it jumped up to almost 2.40.

Speculation on the Saudi Arabia vs Iran conflict.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

68CoronetRT

polywideblock

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 06, 2016, 03:44:35 PM

try  $1.20- $1 .60  a litre    depending on octane rating  :eek2:    whats that a gallon   :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ODZKing

Quote from: polywideblock on January 08, 2016, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 06, 2016, 03:44:35 PM

try  $1.20- $1 .60  a litre    depending on octane rating  :eek2:    whats that a gallon   :scratchchin:
We were just up in Toronto last weekend.  3.75 liters = 1 gal. So do the math. Something $4.50/gal?????

Kern Dog

How do you make those squares in the title? Is this a new keyboard addition? My ancient HP doesn't have anything like that on the board.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Kern Dog

My dollar sign looks like this $$$. It is the number 4 with the shift key pressed.

RECHRGD

The only reason gas prices are down is that Saudi Arabia continues to pump oil way beyond what worldwide demand would dictate.  This is done to try and drive our new found fracking technology into bankruptcy and maintain their power over the global energy market....

13.53 @ 105.32

skip68

I think you mean this.  📉  
When I'm posting with my phone I can put stuff like that here.  👍👌💪🌠🏁🏈🚵🍺⛽    
:2thumbs:

stripedelete

It may be that the Saudi's care more about their heads than Frackers.   The Saudi Royal Family is on shakey ground.
They need to keep a check in everyone's mailbox.  They frackers may simply be collateral damage.

skip68

I'm sure it won't last long.  Probably start going up in spring.   Unless something major happens in the middle east. 

Kern Dog

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 08, 2016, 09:51:03 PM
The only reason gas prices are down is that Saudi Arabia continues to pump oil way beyond what worldwide demand would dictate.  This is done to try and drive our new found fracking technology into bankruptcy and maintain their power over the global energy market....

I agree on this. They did the same tactic in the 70s.

Regarding those squares....
I never use the cell phone for internet forums. The screen is just too dang small for me to read easily!

Mike DC

The Saudi royal family needs money a lot worse than they did 40 years ago.  They are pumping oil that costs much more to produce, and using it to feed a much larger royal family.    

It's gonna get very ugly over there once the house of cards really starts to collapse.  That is probably still a number of years away.  But the wealth has already been on the downslope for a while.  

Kern Dog