News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger 500 out of Idaho?

Started by crj1968, February 18, 2016, 03:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

Anyone know of a blue C500 purchased out of Meridian Idaho approximately 7 years ago (?)

Was a nice car it looked to be possibly B7 - just curious if someone here owns it now

69_500

Hergfest bought a B5 car from Idaho about 7 years ago. Has since sold the car. It was a SE car.

crj1968

Yeah, sure a shizzz that's the one.  I used to see it every day parked out side Rocky Mountain Collision Center next to a 65 Satellite and a 70 Torino GT (Still there).  Nice car.

crj1968

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 06, 2008, 06:50:18 PM
A long time ago on the old board there was a dude with I think a '69 Charger, dark blue in color.  Anyhow he posted a pic of that car outside of a body shop but wouldn't tell anyone where.  There was a Jack in the Box across the street so I got to searching all body shops in that area and wrote down all the addresses.  Then compared those addys up against all the Jack in the Box in the area and found it.
I called the place and they laughed at what I went thru.  At the time the car could have been bought for like $12k w/o the drivetrain.  He mentioned a motor that had about $20k in it and that looks like the current motor.  I couldn't convince my wife how cool it'd be to have two non vinyl top all blue cars to pull into shows with, his and hers.  I had a trailer lined up and my buddy was willing to take time off work to ride shotgun.

I could just never convince my wife.  :brickwall:  It was one of those cars that I still kick myself for not pursuing.

I had heard my buddies talking about the car Sunday but they never said it was all blue and that it was an SE.  I could have put 2 + 2 together.
I didn't realize it was the car until my buddy sent me these pix.  I was there and didn't even know it.  :slap:

Yep- that's it. I talked to the body shop owner after I saw it gone and he was REALLY kicking himself in the ass over selling it.... so now I know. I figured there'd be a story about it on here somewhere.

hergfest

I sold it to a guy in Florida who put it back in Ebay about a year later.  It needed some bodywork.  In fact after the Florida guy got it the quarters started bubbling up due to some bad bodywork in the past.  I don't think he was too happy with me but I didn't do any of that.  Drove it to the 09 Talladega Meet, had a lot of fun.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Highbanked Hauler

The build sheet for that car was in my 500 and still looking for mine which is probably in a Hemi car. :o
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: hergfest on February 19, 2016, 02:39:19 AM
I sold it to a guy in Florida who put it back in Ebay about a year later.  It needed some bodywork.  In fact after the Florida guy got it the quarters started bubbling up due to some bad bodywork in the past.  I don't think he was too happy with me but I didn't do any of that.  Drove it to the 09 Talladega Meet, had a lot of fun.

there was a B5 blue 500 in Florida which sold to germany january 15. It was originally Y2 though.
It is not the same car, isn't it?

Carsten

hergfest

Nope, mine was a B5 Blue SE.  SE makes it pretty rare.