News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nascar dry sump parts

Started by hemlock, January 02, 2016, 04:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemlock

Trying to get an idea of the value of some old Nascar Hemi dry sump parts, but really don't have much to go by for comparison. The pan, both pumps, chain and sprocket, suction hose and some other odds and ends is what there is. Picture of the pan is the only photo I have small enough to post. Any estimates on the value of these parts?

hemlock

Maybe now this will work

odcics2

Got the windage tray for the pan?
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemlock

No tray, just the stuff in the picture. Anything else you can see that is missing?

Icarus38376

We would be interested in these parts.
Do you know what they are from?  What are you asking?
Thanks
Email sent

odcics2

Quote from: hemlock on January 02, 2016, 08:37:46 PM
No tray, just the stuff in the picture. Anything else you can see that is missing?

Sure. Quite a few things... 

Since it's incomplete, what are you asking for what's in the photo?

odcics2

Quote from: Icarus38376 on January 02, 2016, 09:32:05 PM
We would be interested in these parts.
Do you know what they are from?  What are you asking?
Thanks
Email sent

Pete - You don't need a dry sump set up.  Your car was a wet sump...    :Twocents:

Icarus38376

Hey Greg, it has an opening for a tank. I think it was modified to be a wet sump at some point.

Aero426

Quote from: Icarus38376 on January 02, 2016, 10:34:18 PM
Hey Greg, it has an opening for a tank. I think it was modified to be a wet sump at some point.
You might see a car modified from wet sump to dry sump, but not the other way around.  That would be a step backwards.  Your car has a wet sump crossmember and probably always has.

Icarus38376

Thanks guys, It definitely has a tank opening, so I was assuming it had to be a dry sump setup.  Greg, what would cause you to think otherwise?
also, I don't want hijack the OP, so we may want to take this up on the hylton thread.
Thanks

odcics2

Most likely a wet sump because the car sits a high in front... :Twocents:

Perhaps later someone could have run it as a dry sump??  It's tough to timeline modifications on old race cars.

hemlock

Quote from: odcics2 on January 02, 2016, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: hemlock on January 02, 2016, 08:37:46 PM

Sure. Quite a few things... 

Since it's incomplete, what are you asking for what's in the photo?

Thanks for you input, you've been a big help!

Icarus38376

Hemlock, I'm still interested in the parts.  Let me know...email sent.

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on January 03, 2016, 11:03:29 AM

Perhaps later someone could have run it as a dry sump??  It's tough to timeline modifications on old race cars.

Agree completely. 

tallzag

I bought a pretty complete set up a few years ago for $1k.  It did not have the tank however.   :Twocents:

wingcar builder

Quote from: Aero426 on January 03, 2016, 01:18:10 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on January 03, 2016, 11:03:29 AM

Agree completely. 

I would assume that when Booby and Eddie did all the mods on the front suspension it would've been converted to a dry sump. got to remember Bobby used this car later so he would've changed it. My opinion can't always judge by ride height. Soapy Castles Daytona sat high as well but know for a fact it was a dry sump.

I've tried blowing this photo up several times and just before it pixelates it looks like something in the wheel well possibly a hose to the tank.

wingcar builder

Here is the Castle's Daytona getting oil at the same race. National 500. Hopefully more photos turn up of Marty's car at this race.

odcics2

The key would be - Are they restoring the car to the way it ran at Charlotte, with Marty driving?
Yes, before things are bought, holes drilled and filled, it's good to know exactly what you have to do!!   :Twocents:

wingcar builder

absolutely, research is still going on. but if the part not needed then put it back out there for someone who does need it. :Twocents: