News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kickdown cable setup

Started by remta1, December 30, 2015, 03:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

hi folks I am putting my kickdown cable and linkage back together it is pretty stock but I think someone screwed around with it  :eek2:
can anyone show me any picks of the setup from the carby it is a 318/904 trans :2thumbs:

b5blue

It should be adjustable rods and pivots/linkage not cable? Pics of what you have?  :scratchchin:

remta1

sorry , meant to say rods and pivot pins etc :rotz:

John_Kunkel

You need to add the Holley 20-7 Mopar throttle lever extension and a spring to pull the linkage forward. (item 13 in the pic below) When properly configured, at idle, the rear of the slot on the top link will be pulled up against the back of the stud.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-20-7?seid=srese1&gclid=CJmijI_hhsoCFYaCfgodBDkGkw
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BSB67

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 31, 2015, 01:52:12 PM

You need to add the Holley 20-7 Mopar throttle lever extension and a spring to pull the linkage forward. (item 13 in the pic below) When properly configured, at idle, the rear of the slot on the top link will be pulled up against the back of the stud.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-20-7?seid=srese1&gclid=CJmijI_hhsoCFYaCfgodBDkGkw

Looks like the 20-7 extension is already on it.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

John_Kunkel

Ooops, you're right. Just needs the spring.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BSB67

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 01, 2016, 05:00:55 PM

Ooops, you're right. Just needs the spring.

I'm not familiar with the small block stuff, but other things don't look right.  The throttle cable end should probably be connected to the stud on the 20-7 extension.  The hold down to secure the cable looks odd...is it just flopping around not mounted to anything?, cannot tell.  The nut/stud that normally holds the cable (on a BB Mopar) has nothing attached to it.  Again, I don't know small block stuff very well.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

GreenMachine

You have a 2 barrel setup. You need a 4 barrel throttle bracket (the piece that bolts to the intake manifold), and the longer 4 barrel top rod. I'm not sure if they're made by the aftermarket, I'm pretty sure the big block setup is though. Here's a pic of the throttle bracket.

Also, your throttle/kickdown stud looks like it came from a van or something, it's not the right one. The throttle cable attaches to the inboard side and the kickdown rod on the outside.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.