News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front brake line on firewall pics needed

Started by Dino, December 29, 2015, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I just bought new brake lines and comparing them to the old lines there's one major difference and I don't know which one is correct.  The middle part of the new brake line is straight whereas mine had a bend in it.  The only pic I have right now doesn't show the whole line but you can see the bend below the wiper motor.  Without the bend I'm not sure the line fits in the firewall clips but before I ruin a new line can someone check their line and tell me how it's supposed to be?  Thanks!   :cheers:

Oh, this was a power drum car with the line running over the passenger side frame rail...if that matters.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Thanks guys  :cheers:

I don't know if I can get my line to run like that.  The welded tab closest to the steering column is also at a bit of an angle.  I'm not sure how to proceed.  I guess I can leave it as is but it would be nice to have it run parallel to the cowl.

cdr

mine has a little bend on the right side of the picture , dog leg that lets it line up better, this is the Original line for my car.

Dino

I see it now.  It's hard to tell in my pictures but the driver's side of the line is also in the inner fender bracket so I won't be able to get it down a lot more.  I should be able to tighten up the bends on the passenger side though to raise that end of the line.  A small bend in the straight part would make it fit a bit better as well. 

I don't suppose I can manipulate the line by hand?  I have bending pliers but they kinda suck.  I should be able to hand bend the parts in the coil armor though right?  I'll have to do so to make the ends fit in place.

I wonder why my original line had such a hard bend in it.  I thought that's how they were supposed to be.

cdr

Dino

Alright but I'm holding you personally responsible when I screw it up!   :lol:

I'm going to install the distribution block so I can secure both ends of the line.  That'll give me a better idea of where I can go with this.

Dino

Friggin' double posts... :RantExplode:

So lookie what I found.  That sure looks a lot like my setup.

Dino

Alright, I installed the distribution block and the new lines.  I ended up making a slight bend in the horizontal part across the firewall, as it was before, but not as pronounced, and everything fell into place.  I also, temporarily, installed the Ramcharger MC and it fits like a glove.  I shouldn't have any issues installing the hydroboost when it arrives.   :2thumbs: