News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure where to put this, it is a 43 Petty car

Started by Arnie Cunningham, January 28, 2016, 09:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

Hey All,
I took the time to drive to the very remote auto museum in Gateway Colorado.  It is a small but high end collection that changes out cars on a regular basis.  It primarily focuses on 1950s cars especially convertibles.  I did not expect to see a Petty Nascar vehicle.  BUT, what really caught my eye was... (see next post)
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Arnie Cunningham

The steering wheel....  Looks like a 71 model.  Trying to bring a little power of the Road Runner into the fold?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Aero426

This car was featured at the 2010 Amelia Island Petty tribute class.    It appears to be a Winston show car repainted into Richard's colors (note the white "Dodge by Petty" panel on the decklid).  It is painted red everywhere except the outer body which would be unlike Richard's Magnums.   I'm not sure if it did time as one of Richard's Chargers or was purpose built as a Magnum show car.   But it did originate in Level Cross.   I do not believe any of the original #43 Magnum race cars exist.   Those were either sold to Buddy Arrington and/or "raced out" by Kyle in 1979.  

Somewhere along the line, the original wheel must have gone missing and was replaced with a street car steering wheel,