News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Windshield

Started by cincyboy, January 13, 2017, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cincyboy

I guess Windshields go in this category as they are both interior and exterior?
Can anyone recommend a wind shield for 68 charger (base)?  I'm going restomod route.  It will be a driver but clean, a full rotisserie job so not a beater.  Not originally an ac car.    All other glass is good on the car. 
I'm confused by tint or no tint? 

Advice?

Dino

I think the AMD glass is the better quality but I can't say for sure. I'm still running my original delaminating windshield. What about the tint is confusing? A non-AC car came with clear glass but the tinted glass was optional. AC cars came with at least a tinted windshield and optional tint all around. Mine has all tinted glass, which is about 15% green tint, and a blue tint ribbon on top of the windshield. Personally I like my glass to be uniform, ether all tinted or all clear. For a resto mod I'd consider all clear glass to have professionally tinted in smoke instead of having green glass. Pricey but worth it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cincyboy

Thank you, I assumed the tint came on ac cars I wasn't sure. 

Dino

Gotcha.

I think you can find some more info on what brand windshield to get if you do a search on this site. You'll have to start at the last page of the results and work your way back to actually find something though. Something got messed up in the search department.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

As far as I recall, there are 4 types of replacement windshields. Standard, tinted, shaded and finally tinted and shaded.
I went with a local glass supplier. I supplied the new gasket. Yes, it leaks. Also, there is distortion at the curves near the A pillars. I am open to alternatives when I get around to it.