News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

messages found in Charger from the factory

Started by RAWPWR, April 07, 2006, 08:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunroofsuperbird

I redone a 71 camaro awhile back and under where the trunk spoiler bolts down and was sealed someone had wrote [ iTS FRIDAY AND IM THE F*** OUT OF HERE ] I though that was neat so I resealed the spoiler and bolted it back on and left it when I repainted it. Car had never been restored before so it was orig. I also have a 78 Super Coupe aspen that when I pulled the carpet out there was a new dome lamp assy inside door handel and fuse cover under there since new.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Brock Samson

i see we have grown from the FACTORY stuff to the found stuff in homes or wherever,..
so I'll incl. the stuff i found under the B.S.G.'s rear seat..

Yesterday Thurs. April the 25th 2006,10:00 am:  i alloted 45 minutes to go down and pull the rear seat and take alittle look see,..
  seat wouldn't budge,.. got a hernia,.. got another hernia and wrenched my back,.. seat no movee,..

finally after 30 minutes of rearranging my spine i pulled the one corner of the upper seat back that was unstuck as far out as i could and wedged my head behind it and under the parcel shelf and rear glass to see WTF was'a going on?...
couldn't see too much cause it was dark, but my head got stuck,.. did i mention i was swearing?.. ..alot?..   lots of time passed where i realized this was really a two man operation,..
one to cry in out pain and frustration and another to call an ambulance...
  i'll cut to the chase...

went thru the trunk with a long screwdriver to bend the bottom out board hooks back to a position that actually allowed them to un hook...
upon removal of the seat, i discovered a treasure trove of items unseen since Jimmy Carter the peanut farmer was in office...

a diary with two entries,.. no year... in spainish.

a unused book of matches from Harrahs' Reno.

a small bottle of English Leather aftershave.

a school absence report from 1975.

a post card from  Diamond Lake and Mount Thielsen. (to Linsey from Sandy, sounds like it was a nice Vacation    but no postage or stamp so it was never sent     )

a tooled buckskin wallett with a couple biz cards for spanish Biz development and a sears and robuck layaway receipt.

a small, round, sticker that says "People Really Count".

a wide variety of local Maps incl. a USA road guide & atlas and Penticostal relgious materials.

four pencils, two pens,.. a metal nail file, $1.26 in change, 4 quarters, two dimes and two pennies.

metal clasp like onna clipboard and a elastic cord...

alot of dirt and dust from the carpet jute and road dust,.. at this point i decided to abandon my idea of only cleaning the drivers side and leaving the years of grime on the Pass. side... so i got the scrapers and shop vac out...

P.S.
  the build sheet (in shredded pieces) was handed to me by the previous owner who apparently bought the 78K mile '71 340 for $4K in june last yr...  im attempting a reconstruction of the B.S.  in plastic, still needed...  it was under the front seat...

the trunk contained recepts for the three sets of "Big O" tires the car has appearently worn... a Carb box containing the original 850 Cfm carb. two fan belts, the original Polyglass f-14 70... & the jack never seems to have been out of the car..
Seems im slowly stripping her for cleaning...

oh, i nearly forgot, hanging from the rear V Brace behind the rear seat, was a really neat silver and gold medallion i would guess is from the '70s.. 

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 07, 2007, 10:44:06 AM
  four pencils, two pens,.. a metal nail file, $1.26 in change, 4 quarters, two dimes and two pennies.

I'm no math major but that only equals $1.22 not $1.26.......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Spike

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 07, 2007, 02:14:50 PM

Inflation perhaps?    ;D

BBD

Telvis

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 07, 2007, 02:14:50 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

RDR-838

A couple of days ago, I removed the uper passenger door pad from my '69. On the back side of the pad, "Bart" left his signature.

Brock Samson

MorePwr

I've never found anything as cool as Rawpwrs find. I think I'd frame that one. I did find a six pack of really old, beer and 5 empty, but one full. I was hiking along an old highway that had been closed for 60 years or so. they were laying next to to an old wood spoke wheel with a badly shredded tire. I imagined someone getting  buzzed while changing a tire. back in the day when it was ok to do that. heck, he probably shared it with a trooper that stopped to help :cheers: :police:

Brock I like your time capsule there. I think I'll go pull the back seat in my Satellite and see what treasure I might have :thumbs:

JR

I've never found anything in any of my cars. I found a pic of the last owners son in his baseball gear under my rear seat. Thats it though.

However, I do work for an Auto Trim Design and have left stuff in others cars. There was this one air force guy who bought in an 87 Tercel Hatchback for a headliner one day. I should have known he'd be an ass when he spent an hour picking out what color he wanted in it. He chewed us out of 77 dollars because I broke the bottom corner of some old, brittle trim. Anyway, he went over it with a fine tooth comb when he came to pick it up. This is an 87 Tercel mind you, he sees some MINOR imperfections, and I mean MINOR, when he throws a fit and demands it gets redone. He had also just got it painted and the engine rebuilt and told me its very fast...

Anyway, when I pulled the headliner back down, I wrote on the backside, "I'm sorry you had to work on this &^%@suckers car!" for whoever is unfortunate enough to touch it again....
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

deputycrawford

I had another deputy tell me that he worked as a mechanic at a chevy dealer when he was a kid and had a Corvette come in with a very wierd sound when the car turned a corner. After MANY test dirves and strip jobs, they finally cut the end off a box frame cross member. Out came an entire loose pack of BB's you might find for a BB gun. Apparently they would roll back and forth as the car turned corners.
     They would check the car out and send it home. Supposedly it took them months to find the problem. I hope they checked the VIN and found the date, shift and person who did it. i hope they lost their job over it.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

dongar69

My dad and I bought a '64 Impala SS in 1979. During disassembly for rebuild, we found a 1964 silver quarter under the back seat.
Dad still has it.

Big J

While disassembling a '69 Charger R/T I found a set of keys from a Ford with a really neat "Esso" keychain.  The keychain had a cast medallion with the word "Esso" on it and a 3D casting of the Tiger.  They were under the carpet of an original car parked since 1974 so I'm pretty positive they came from the factory.  I put the Charger's keys on it & used it for years until the chain loop on the medallion broke.

Also, while cutting off the lower rear quarter of a 1968 Coronet R/T, I found about a dozen bullets lying right in the crack where the quarter meets the trunk extension and only a few inches from where I was cutting.  Thankfully I was using a cutting wheel & not the torch.

tricky lugnuts

When I got my car 7 years ago (from Arizona) I found a ton of really old looking poker chips under the back seat, a sand-filled plastic bag of "Tom's Spiced Drops" in the brakes (My name is Tom) and a ton, literally, of crazy looking bird feathers in my heater box. There is currently a pair of scissors stuck in between my quarter panel and trunk extension on the passenger side. They don't rattle and I can't get them out. They look like some pretty old scissors. I can play with them through the body plug in the bottom of the extension, but there is no way to get them out that I have been able to find.

LL1 1967 Coronet

I lost my virginity in the rear (folded down seat) of a 1981 TC3....oh, I'm sorry, we're talking about things that were found - - my mistake.  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:

The70RT

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 12, 2007, 12:25:51 PM
I lost my virginity in the rear (folded down seat) of a 1981 TC3....oh, I'm sorry, we're talking about things that were found - - my mistake.  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:

71 Fury for me :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Drache

Quote from: The70RT on April 12, 2007, 12:57:56 PM

'69 Camaro
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JR

Quote from: Drache on April 12, 2007, 04:26:02 PM
Quote from: The70RT on April 12, 2007, 12:57:56 PM

'69 Camaro

99 Ford Conversion Van here. Fold down back seat baby!! O0
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

skyhawk61

Since you mentioned fold-down back seats...ahem...In 1970, I took the rear seats out of the 67 Barracuda Formula S that I had bought used in order to clean the carpets.  I found a pair of women's blue bikini undies and one nylon stocking jammed in the space between the seat bottom and the fold-down backrest.  Perhaps this explains why I used to see these cars parked with the rear window facing the screen at the drive-in movies..back when we had drive-in movies.

daves68

Bought my 68 when I graduated from HS in 71. Had a rattle in the left rear I could never find.  Replaced the rusty rear quarters in 76 and when we cut them off, out fell an extra trunk hinge arm. It had been wedged between the panel and the inner fender. Out of sight but not out of mind.

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: jmanscharger on April 28, 2006, 02:34:44 PM
My dad heard a rattle in his door everytime he shut it. He took it back to the dealer and behind the door panel in the bottom of the door there was a coke bottle with a note inside saying "I wonder how long it will take you sob's to find this?"

LMAO that is awesome

CharlieCharger

My dad and I found some pesos in the kick panel area..of his mexican ramcharger when redoing the interior :)
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris