News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

messages found in Charger from the factory

Started by RAWPWR, April 07, 2006, 08:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmanscharger

My dad heard a rattle in his door everytime he shut it. He took it back to the dealer and behind the door panel in the bottom of the door there was a coke bottle with a note inside saying "I wonder how long it will take you sob's to find this?"
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

chrisII

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on April 28, 2006, 10:29:26 AM
Quote from: RAWPWR on April 10, 2006, 10:09:29 AM
has anybody else ever found any messages?? I any car. There are a lot of old stories about stuff like this.. :icon_smile_cool:

My next door neighbor has a 71 Cuda sassy green shaker hood 6 pack 440 and he found "Rocky was here" under the original carpet. I found a yellow paint stick number "72" on my 68 Charger and a one "OK" yellow painted stamp markings in the engine compartments.

I have read of other E bodys "signed" by "the rock"  he is somewhat famous with the cuda/challenger guys, yet as far as i know nobody has found his true identity. think i read about it in one of the mopar mags a few years back

cobradriver

the ok stuff is normal ....quality control stuff.....had that all over my 69 mach1,  428cj......good times good times.....

RAWPWR

just bring this topic back  :RantExplode:to the top  :D
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

bordin34

I found part of a Nixon resignation newspaper under the rear seat of my 74 charger.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Magnumcharger

I found Nixon under my back seat.
He was tape-recording my conversations...
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

jasonfromIKILLYA

I recently left 11 years of the painting profession and I've left many "time capsules".  We wallpapered a doctors office once and had to work nights.  We wrote all over the walls....  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

hemi-hampton

I found the Infamous ROCK written on a inside rear wheelwell on a Red T/A I was restoring, I here this is common on these E-Body's. P.S. I collect Old Beer cans & Pay big $$$ Hundreds for certain rare cans for anybody that has found any or has any. Let me know? LEON.

bordin34

Now get this everybody. On my charger there is also a marking that looks like KO when put in a mirror. Weird isn't it?  :scratchchin:

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

PocketThunder

Quote from: bordin34 on April 05, 2007, 10:50:29 PM
Now get this everybody. On my charger there is also a marking that looks like KO when put in a mirror. Weird isn't it?  :scratchchin:

Whoa!!!   :o :apimp: :apimp: :apimp:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bmoparmofo

I remember reading one of the mopar mags from the 80's I think, Somebody was restoring their car, removed the gas tank, and underneath someone had been playing tic tac toe, I was a prep maechanic for a pontiac dealer in the mid 90's and I also found a coke bottle in a door, misc tools, a rather annoying was on a grand am, the power sunroof wouldnt open all the way, after dropping the headliner down the was a pair of pliers stuck up there :brickwall:, also in one car there was a sign on the dash that said OLD CAR PLEASE RUSH  :rotz: not a good sign if youre the prep guy...lol, by the way that was proably the worst car I ever had to prep...Lots of stories about that job :yesnod:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

68chrgrwife

i don't know about stuff being there already, but i do know that hubby is putting all of our handprints with our names and date on the cross section behind the rear seat.  I think it is pretty neat....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

1BAD68

I found an old speeding ticket from '74 and a chain made from pulltabs from beer cans under the seats of my 70 Charger,
nothing from the factory though.

The70RT

I replaced a quarter panel on my Charger and the lower part had lots of budwieser caps lodged in there.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RAWPWR

68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

MichaelRW

Years ago when I worked at an Oldsmobile dealer after school and Saturdays a customer brought their brand new Vista Cruiser in because there was a rattle coming from the inside rear of the vehicle. Had a heck of time trying to find the cause of the rattle. Wound up removing the inside body panel on the right side of the cargo area and found an air gun that had been left in there at the factory when the car was being built.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

old man

There was a guy about thirty miles away from me who about five years found a surprise tearing down a house. While tearing down a wall he found a Japanese submachine gun wrapped in a army blanket inside the wall. It was in decent shape and one night while drinking a great deal he was showing it off outside a bar. One of the guys walking out was a local cop who busted him for possession of a class three machine gun without a federal licence. He had to get a lawyer and cost him a good deal of money to stay out of prision. He wound up with a three year probation sentance. The gun was taken by the federal goverment and was to be cut up.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

68chrgrwife

Quote from: old man on April 06, 2007, 02:29:45 PM
There was a guy about thirty miles away from me who about five years found a surprise tearing down a house. While tearing down a wall he found a Japanese submachine gun wrapped in a army blanket inside the wall. It was in decent shape and one night while drinking a great deal he was showing it off outside a bar. One of the guys walking out was a local cop who busted him for possession of a class three machine gun without a federal licence. He had to get a lawyer and cost him a good deal of money to stay out of prision. He wound up with a three year probation sentance. The gun was taken by the federal goverment and was to be cut up.

Wow, Now that is a story!  You know that all military guys bring back some kind of war treasure......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

old man

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 06, 2007, 02:38:02 PM
Quote from: old man on April 06, 2007, 02:29:45 PM

Wow, Now that is a story!  You know that all military guys bring back some kind of war treasure......
Yes I bought three German Lugars in SS wafen holsters and about 10 different rifles from a lady whos husband just died and he had brought them back from WW2. I paid almost nothing for them and sold the pistols for $600 each two months later to a collector. The rifles I took to a gun show and sold them all in less than 15 minutes. I think I gave her $500 for the whole mess after she made the offer to me.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

Dodge Don

When I tore apart my entire dash down to the frame, a piece of folded paper fell out from behind the cluster bezels.......it was a Chrysler Vehicle Pass to enter the St. Louis Assembly Plant

69Coronet

I live in a hundred year old house and up in the attic on two of the walls you can see two giant love notes written to his wife or girlfriend or something dated November 19, 1916 written in pink chalk.

On ebay i saw a 1968 Coronet forsale that hadnt been restored and in the trunk one of the factory workers got unhappy and wrote with trunk sealer " I'm not working Saturday".
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

quapman

I've had five E-bodies with "Rock" in them and at least one car with a Tic-Tac-Toe game. Swastikas seemed to be a big theme on one Cuda too. Usually behind the rear seat panels. I have pictures somewhere, but I'd need a week to find them!

Rallyecharger

Back in the 90's at the Ford dealer I was working at I watched our trim Technician look for a rattle in a minivan.He spent all morning roadtesting,pulling apart panels etc. He figured it was in the rear cargo area but no luck.Then after running out of options he pulled the rear bumper cover off.There stuffed in the inside of the rear bumper frame was a beer bottle!! The Ford assembly line guys must of had a good laugh!! But try explaining that to Ford Warranty hotline..............

The70RT

Behind my Chargers back seat is V W 8-20 in what looks like red magic marker about a foot long. On the drivers side floor is a big 2' X 2' - X in white spray paint. Im sure they are factory markings....any Ideas on that?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LargerCharger383

that's gotta be one of the coolest things I've ever seen, nice find!