News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is anyone running this radiator?

Started by johnnycharger, December 19, 2015, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

A383Wing

Quote from: crj1968 on March 06, 2016, 11:37:09 AM
Just how thick is this thing, as in for fan clearance? It's the only dimension they don't show.

Thanks!

Just a tad over 2-3/4" thick.....I had to find the shorter non-thermal fan clutch to have enough space between clutch & radiator

crj1968

johnnycharger

The new radiator showed up today. Not happy with the condition.  I may be pickey....

A383Wing

That one sure doesn't look like the one I got, I'm very happy with mine

johnnycharger

Quote from: A383Wing on March 09, 2016, 12:18:43 AM

I assume your fins were straight?
I want all of the funs to be 100% straight. Am I expecting too much?

myk

Mine were straight as well.  Call em up and see what they can do for you.  Personally, I would just install it...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

A383Wing

Quote from: johnnycharger on March 09, 2016, 12:31:57 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on March 09, 2016, 12:18:43 AM

I assume your fins were straight?
I want all of the funs to be 100% straight. Am I expecting too much?

I had to straighten a few of mine out due to the styrofoam bending some of them during shipping....just get some tweezers and straighten them out....nobody is gonna see it anyway when it's mounted in the car.

crj1968

A383Wing, is that a factory shroud on yours??

A383Wing

Quote from: crj1968 on March 10, 2016, 11:55:16 AM

it's an "E-body" big block shroud, but yes, it's a factory piece

crj1968

Quote from: A383Wing on March 10, 2016, 04:29:08 PM
Quote from: crj1968 on March 10, 2016, 11:55:16 AM

it's an "E-body" big block shroud, but yes, it's a factory piece

Thanks!  :2thumbs:

johnnycharger

The seller is going to give me a $40 rebate and I am going to keep and install it. I will post pictures when I get a chance to actually work on it....

myk

Your car will never have cooling issues again; I guarantee you'll forget about a coupla bent fins...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

A383Wing

Quote from: johnnycharger on March 11, 2016, 12:53:20 AM
The seller is going to give me a $40 rebate and I am going to keep and install it. I will post pictures when I get a chance to actually work on it....

wow....yer getting that picky over 4 little bent fins that can be straightened in 2 minutes?

johnnycharger

I contacted him about it because I don't like receiving items that are damaged and that is what shipping insurance is for. He was very nice and offered the rebate in place of swapping it out and I accepted.

A383Wing

it wasn't "damaged" like you said...it's not like the core was crushed or bent, or that the tanks had dents or holes in them....4 little fins were rubbed over from styrofoam and you cried for insurance money back?

ws23rt

Quote from: A383Wing on March 11, 2016, 08:17:26 PM
it wasn't "damaged" like you said...it's not like the core was crushed or bent, or that the tanks had dents or holes in them....4 little fins were rubbed over from styrofoam and you cried for insurance money back?

I'm with you Brian. :cheers:

Also it sounds like he dealt with a good company that would rather say yes to the customer than argue over a few bucks.  :slap:

johnnycharger

It was more then the four on the one side and yes it is just cosmetic. There was no crying and no arguing. I sent him the pictures and asked him what we should do and he offered the rebate.

johnnycharger

Quote from: myk on December 19, 2015, 06:51:20 PM
Thanks to the guy above me I'm running that radiator as well; car has never run cooler.   I will say this: mine did not fit perfectly and I had to enlarge two of the mounting holes.  Also, your fan clutch may be too long with the additional thickness of that radiator.  I had to buy a shorter fan clutch,  but that was the extent of the difficulty...

Hi Myk
Thanks for the help. Do you remember what fan clutch you purchased?

myk

It was a Hayden clutch for a V6 Jaguar.  Lemme look it up, although members Dino and A383Wing would know right away; they told me which one to buy.  You will have to install threaded studs and secure the fan with nuts as opposed to traditional bolts because there's no room for a socket...

johnnycharger

Quote from: myk on March 14, 2016, 10:26:53 PM
It was a Hayden clutch for a V6 Jaguar.  Lemme look it up, although members Dino and A383Wing would know right away; they told me which one to buy.  You will have to install threaded studs and secure the fan with nuts as opposed to traditional bolts because there's no room for a socket...
Thank you sir!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

myk

That's the one!  I forgot CDR was running it too...

johnnycharger

A383Wing