News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Donkeys > Wives

Started by Ponch ®, April 06, 2006, 03:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

gotta love those wacky Indians...still, maybe theyre on to something.

Donkeys more loyal than housewives, says Indian school textbook

Tue Apr 4, 12:53 PM ET

NEW DELHI (AFP) - Housewives and donkeys are much the same except that the beasts of burden are better companions, complain less and are more loyal, according to a school textbook used in India's western state of Rajasthan.

"A donkey is like a housewife. In fact, the donkey is a shade better, for while the housewife may sometimes complain and walk off to her parents' home, you'll never catch the donkey being disloyal to his master," Tuesday's Times of India quoted the Hindi-language book as saying.

The book, for 14 year-olds, was approved by the state's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party administration but has sparked protests from its women's unit, the report said.

Shimla Parasher, chief of the party's women's wing, has threatened protests if the "objectionable sections" are not deleted.

The state education department however noted that women were not singled out -- politicians also were rated.

"The same chapter also compares the donkey to politicians, calling the animal thick-skinned," a state education official was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

Another state education official said the textbook was just an attempt at making school lessons humourous.

"The comparison was made in good humour. However the protests have been taken note of and the education board is in the process of removing it," A.R. Khan, a state education officer, told the newspaper.

Rajasthan state, known for its conservative attitude towards women, has a ratio of 886 females to 1,000 males, according to the 2001 national census.

The ratio is largely attributed to high abortion rates for girls as families use ultrasound tests to identify the sex of a foetus, a practice that is outlawed in India.

LINK
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Apparently it's like that in Tennessee too, where the Donkeys beat out the women at the state fair.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MassCharger73

They might consider the dog mans best friend if they werent too busy eating them. ;)
1973 Charger

Charger_Fan

Sounds like Indians feel the same way about their donkeys as some white men feel about their cars! ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1970 Charger 500

My ex-wife is a FAT ASS!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722