News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird vinyl top trim vs. standard roadrunner vinyl top trim

Started by Hemi Runner, December 17, 2015, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi Runner

Are these two trims different? All of the superbirds I see have a black vinyl top trim that buts up to the weird diamond things on the back.  That superbird trim looks to be different from the regular roadrunner trim. I've never really compared the two up close. Is this trim unique to the superbirds?

PettyMower

I believe the trim pieces are unique. I've never looked the part numbers up in a "parts exchange book", but they appear to be unique.

The stainless trim for the drip rail is the same as a used on a regular Belvedere body.

62 Max

Hemi Runner

They look to be the same, only black. I'm trying to build a bird clone, but I'm not sure if I want to add the vinyl top. I'm not sure it's worth the effort and extra expense. Are the funky diamond rear window plug/trim pieces available anywhere?

PettyMower

I recently had my 'Bird repainted, and had to wait a month and a half for the guy to install the vinyl top. The car looked HORRIBLE with out the black top. There's no way I could leave it that way.

Some colors may not be too bad, but Lime Light Green NEEDS a black top.

nascarxx29

Window diamonds are in aftermarket by wingedwarriorbodyparts.com. .the 2 sail mouldings I have are off a superbird just black.same as other body piece on b body
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

62 Max

Quote from: PettyMower on December 17, 2015, 08:19:07 PM
I recently had my 'Bird repainted, and had to wait a month and a half for the guy to install the vinyl top. The car looked HORRIBLE with out the black top. There's no way I could leave it that way.

Here is mine when I bought it  !!

6bblgt

Yes, the Plymouth 2-dr b-body vinyl top trim is the same 1968-1970, including Superbird (Coronet IS different).

Hemi Runner

Quote from: PettyMower on December 17, 2015, 08:19:07 PM

I think some colors, especially the lime light, need to have the vinyl top in my mind. The reds and oranges seem to look ok without. I'm not sure how the yellow or blue would look. I'm doing this car in black. I just haven't decided if it'll be gloss with a black vinyl top or semi gloss, no top.