News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Value Of A Non Factory Hemi Car

Started by JMF, December 14, 2015, 10:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

Continuing with the stripe ........ Is that stripe painted on or is it a removable stripe?  I ask because it is too far forward (probably to clear the side marker) and the " R/T " looks crooked. Might just be the picture but it looks crooked.  here is my '69 stripe!

It is his car and he can do what he wants with it but ........... a '68 stripe would've looked nicer in my opinion.

skip68

Out of curiosity, what's he asking for it?   Since the car is personally built to the builders taste it's got two values.   The value of a nice charger with a HEMI and the value in the eye of the beholder.   If this car is built basically the way you'd personally want one then it's worth more to you by far and keep that in mind.   :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Scaregrabber

Looks like it has pretty high quality paint etc. It's obviously not trying to clone a stock car but is rather a high quality personalized car. Personally I don't like the stripe either so hopefully it is tape. Value is whatever the buyer thinks it is worth. A rough guess would be $10k-$20k less than it cost to build, I am guessing a buyer could be found for a black, 68 Charger with a Hemi and high quality finishing (including straight and shiny black paint) for around $60k quite easily. I am taking clues from the fit of the trim, the underhood paint and the door jam paint. Everything on this car seems to line up correctly, not like the splash and goes typically seen on Ebay.
This is the type of car a lot of people are dreaming about building these days.

Sheldon

Lennard

Quote from: JMF on December 14, 2015, 10:09:26 AM
I've been offered a black on black 68 Charger Auto with a 426 Hemi
I just spoke with the owner and he told me that it's not for sale so I wonder who offered it to you.

skip68

£82,500  :shruggy:  So that's equal to $75,500.    That's a price that truly reflects a guy wanting his money back.  Since he built the car at his own shop you know he shouldn't have that much into the car.  However, that doesn't make the car cheaper forcing him to lose a good profit.  The average buyer isn't going to be interested in buying it especially for that kind of money.   But, if this custom build is what you're looking for then it's worth haggling.
Also adding the fact that getting one in your country is harder and more expensive plays a part in higher price.   Realistically, he may not be that far off on his price.     
Seems to be a very nicely built car.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JMF

It's in Euros, so about $90k USD at the current rate I think

skip68

:o did I figure the exchange rate backwards?    :rofl: 
If so then for $90,000 I'm out.   If for some reason you bought that car and had to sell it I think you'd have a real hard time trying to get $60,000 out of it.   Resale value just isn't there I'm sorry to say. 

Lennard

Quote from: JMF on December 16, 2015, 07:57:33 AM
Errrr, it's advertised on his website ?

http://www.six-packspeedshop.nl/index.php/for-sale-1968-dodge-charger#.VnFfHq_fWrU
I don't know where you copied that link from but that's at least a year old. If you would've gone to www.sixpackspeedshop.nl anywhere in the last year you would've noticed that the ad was gone.
The only reason it was for sale is because he has so many classic Mopars, it doesn't get driven a lot...so he isn't forced to sell.

myk

Hmmm.....maybe I'll mock up some '68 stripes on my car to see what it looks like... :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 6spd68 on December 14, 2015, 06:23:03 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 14, 2015, 05:56:09 PM
Crikies!  Take off that stripe! :slap:
You mean you don't like the 69 stripe on a 68? :P

That and the fact that its on backwards & crooked as all hell.  Something as visual and in your face as that faux pa makes you question the quality of the rest of the build  :Twocents:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lennard

Stripe on backwards? You need glasses.
You guys can question the quality of the build all you want. I was there over the course of the build and it's an awesome looking and driving machine (featured in a car magazine) and built with quality parts. :Twocents:

viper r/t

Quote from: Lennard on December 16, 2015, 07:38:32 PM
You guys can question the quality of the build all you want. I was there over the course of the build and it's an awesome looking and driving machine (featured in a car magazine) and built with quality parts. :Twocents:

Nice car for sure.

These dudes just can't get over factory this, numbers that haha

stripedelete

Probably squeeze $80-90k out of rapper.

richard parker

Quote from: Lennard on December 16, 2015, 07:38:32 PM

Any idea of what the rims and tire sizes are?