News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VW Bug towing concept back in the day.............

Started by VegasCharger, December 12, 2015, 04:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

hatersaurusrex

With an empty camper, maybe.  Those little VW boxer engines aren't even that good at pushing a little 2,000lb bug around, as anyone who's driven one can attest.  I would imagine a camper full of gear and a strong headwind and you'd be in first gear the whole way to Wally World.   Add in mountains and you might as well stay home, or go buy a Jetta diesel.  I hear they can be had for cheap these days :P
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

69 OUR/TEA

Gotta say , great design for being hooked onto a VW bug , can maneuver better than any truck we currently tow with !!!!! Make a bug reliable and have more power/braking/handling , not a bad setup provided just 2 people not needing a huge camper . It is funny to watch that !!!!!

skip68

Being an air-cooled engine I'd think that's not a good idea putting that kinda load on it.     :shruggy:
I'm sure some of the bug forums would know.  I bet some probably have that setup just for shows or something. 
Interesting find.  Thanks.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

el dub

How did you come across that? My first bug only had 34 horse. I don't think it would work.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

polywideblock

very cool idea     :2thumbs:  what about a turbo

over here they fit bugs with Porsche flat 6 engines , I think it would work out well  but don't know about sleeping 4     :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mike DC

I thought the VW bus engines were the hot ticket for making Beetles faster. 

For the first Herbie movie they built a hot-rod '63 Beetle with a Porsche 356 motor.  But that motor is worth too much these days.