News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Real Life Andromida Strain: Brittle Plastics?..

Started by Brock Samson, April 09, 2006, 08:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

If ya haven't seen the movie from 1969 made from a bestselling book of the same name...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066769/

a space probe returns to earth with a microbe that begins eating rubber and plastic before mutating to something even more serious..

However, in the current reality show that' my life, some of the plastic stuff on my Charger is crumbleing and shattering,.. like the dome light fell from about four feet hit the garage floor and shattered like an egg, and I dont think they are supposed to do that,...  :rotz:
The lenses in the console first went brown in the middle and then cracked...  :flame:
I went for the freash-air vent under the dash and i broke off in my hand...  :o
someone wanting them stuck a screwdriver (i suppose) into my perfect hood mounted turn signals so they're toast... wreaked the potmetal housings too...  :-\
And I'm noticing alot of the plastic stuff is looking kinda worn and brittle...  :icon_smile_angry:
we know the Rubber stuff needs periodic replacment,
So,....
  What,..  if anything are you guys doing about this "Andromida Strain?..

rare69

get a year one and paddock catalog and buy new the stuff you can and take care of the stuff you cant.its amazing all the new stuff they make for these old cars now days.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry