News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speedo cable Routing 68 4 speed

Started by Dreamline, December 07, 2015, 12:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamline

Trying to install a speedo cable on my 68 4 speed where there was not one before. Do you route the cable above the reverse linkage which it will rub on or below it where it will contact the exhaust pipe? See pics below:

bull

I'd show you how I routed mine but it's turning out to be kind of a joke. It's really a PITA to route them without rubbing on a linkage or just sitting against the exhaust pipe.

Once I get my shifter back together I'm going to try some different routes and see if I can come up with something worthy of posting here. Stay tuned.

Dans 68

I'd go with rubbing versus melting. If no one else steps up I'll go look tomorrow and see what my '68 4-speed looks like. And welcome to the site! Post a good pic or 10.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bull

Good point, Dan. You could always zip tie a piece of hard plastic to the cable where it rubs so it would take years to come close to rubbing through.

However, if I remember right, both problems exist simultaneously.

Dreamline

Yeah I was a little concerned about the sharp angle that the cable has to make to get above the linkage. The other alternative would be to route it forward and attaching it to the trans and engine - I just thought that there must be a "factory" solution. Thanks all!