News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Adding a Six Pack to my 71' Charger R/T

Started by NateCharger, December 05, 2015, 12:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NateCharger

What is needed for this swap besides the intake manifold, Holley carbs, and air cleaner assembly? I have a new Edelbrock 750cfm on the car now, would I see any performance increase? Man, I hate winter! I keep wanting to do different things to my car!

BLK 68 R/T

In addition to what you listed, you will need - throttle cable bracket, return spring bracket, coil mount bracket, fuel lines, the linkage rods that go to the outboard carbs, choke, and the fast idle solenoid ( not necessarily needed though.)

In my opinion the six pack would be an upgrade over the 750 Edelbrock. Tuning the six pack will take some time, I would suggest reading up on it. Don"t expect to just order everything, slap it on the engine and go  :cheers:

Mopar Nut

The big smile on your face will come afterwards.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BSB67

Quote from: NateCharger on December 05, 2015, 12:33:32 PM
I have a new Edelbrock 750cfm on the car now, would I see any performance increase?

What manifold now?

What power now?

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

NateCharger

Quote from: BSB67 on December 05, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
Quote from: NateCharger on December 05, 2015, 12:33:32 PM
I have a new Edelbrock 750cfm on the car now, would I see any performance increase?

What manifold now?

What power now?
Old Edelbrock CH4B, not sure on the power.

303 Mopar

Many times a 6-pack is not as high performing as a good 4 barrel matched with the right manifold.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

BSB67

The sound and surge from the outside carbs coming on has a nice and somewhat unique "feel" and might feel faster to you.  But if you are on the lower end of power, the actual power increase might be small. 

One might argue that feeling faster, is faster.  Unless you go to the track, that is all that really matters.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph