News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

5 speed manual vs 4 speed auto

Started by frank1966, December 04, 2015, 09:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Has anyone made on of these swaps either with tree or Koehler trannys? Any benefits going to 4 speed besides od? 5 speed manual a difficult swap? 70 charger

Bobs69

I put a Gear-Vendors unit in my car years ago and wish I would have gone with a manual instead.

Why?  2 additional gears and the fun of having a car you drive.  No linkages, or electronics. 

Yes the Kiesler kit was a bit more money.  Yes, you can have both!

Charger-Bodie

I find a manual far more fun to drive. Autos are for daily drivers that you need your hand free to hold your coffee.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Bobs69

If I could do it over I would get the 5 speed.

frank1966

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 05, 2015, 12:55:39 PM
As soon as I get the funds I am ordering a conversion kit from Brewers.  http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CONV-B

[/quote
Why the a833 over a 5 speed tremec?

Dino

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 05, 2015, 10:33:04 AM
I find a manual far more fun to drive. Autos are for daily drivers that you need your hand free to hold your coffee.

I never did mind the auto until I quit drinking coffee!  Now I want a T56.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Would rather take a Passon 5 speed if they ever become immediate available...mind you I said immediate not 3 years later  :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

Quote from: frank1966 on December 04, 2015, 09:41:31 PM
Has anyone made on of these swaps either with tree or Koehler trannys? Any benefits going to 4 speed besides od? 5 speed manual a difficult swap? 70 charger

What ???