News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally bought my 1968 r/t 4 speed!

Started by cavemanno1, December 03, 2015, 07:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Thanks guys for the positive reaction!

I think i will the shifter as is for now as you mentioned it Bull,and might get a console later on if i really want one.

ht4spd307,

Now you mentioning it,it does sound a bad idea to weaken the body further and i will just get full quarters put into the container or buy them here in Europe!
Thanks for bringing it up and please guys if you read anything stupid i wanna do,just let me know so i won't make a huge mistake.

Thanks again guys! :2thumbs:

Nickrc3

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 03, 2015, 11:59:24 AM
Yes i have bought it from ebay and i know i paid way too much for it!However,i have been after one for ages and they were way out of my price range with questionable quality so i got it!
They all need work and nothing is impossible!

I think you did fine on the purchase and will soon have one special vehicle. With the availability of aftermarket components, nothing is impossible with this old musclecars.
Ship the AMD parts in their boxes, with I thought were very well protected.

This roach is my first car I purchased in 1976, and far worse condition than yours, however, I decided I need to see myself next to the car from age 16 to 60. So, I've got five years to finish her.

Good luck with her and keep us posted on progress.

RIDELIKEHELL

:cheers: anything can be saved if you have deep pockets  :D Mine was bad but I have to save that is an awesome optioned car dude! http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48718.0.html
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Mrs.Caveman

Hi guys!

He doesn't have deep pockets just a determind mindset.At least now he calmed down and he is over the moon to have his dream car finally,after all these years.
Wasn't too happy about him spending all that money but you can't kill your husband dream otherwise you loose him!

Thanks for helping him!Cheers guys! :2thumbs:

Veronika

keepat

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 04, 2015, 11:28:11 AM
Hi guys!

He doesn't have deep pockets just a determind mindset.At least now he calmed down and he is over the moon to have his dream car finally,after all these years.
Wasn't too happy about him spending all that money but you can't kill your husband dream otherwise you loose him!

Thanks for helping him!Cheers guys! :2thumbs:

Veronika

Veronika, you sound like a very cool person! Peter, good luck with your awesome car and congrats on your cool wife!

Pat

skip68

The biggest step is over.  Just getting your dream car is not easy. 
Finding the car you want with the options you want on a budget is harder than restoring it.  Now it's just a matter of time with finances allowing for making it his.   Could be 6 months or maybe several years but that's ok. 
Peter has his dream car.     :2thumbs: :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cavemanno1

Thanks Nickrc3,PAt,Skip,Steve and everyone!

My wife is cool and without her support I'd not have that car now!Lucklily she knows how much i want that car and that I'll go great length to get it.Worked hard to get the money for it and instead of blowing the money on a brand new car i can have my dream car now!

Nobody would buy a 48 year old car over here for a price of a house!With $400/month of average salary over here these cars are a lot more expensive for us then for you!

Thanks again guys!

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

cavemanno1

Quote from: Tilar on December 04, 2015, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: Troy on December 03, 2015, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 03, 2015, 08:52:56 AM
Turquoise with White, buddy seat interior 4 spd car.    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Awesome! :2thumbs:

Troy

Troy, Isn't that like the one you had?

Troy,if you stillhave any pictures could you post them up,please?
I really love the black interior and the white is a bit too delicate but with the LL1 might look good  :scratchchin:

Thanks,

charger chris

Everyone dose black. I been thinking about doing burned orange.then I have to fig out what color to paint the out side of my car.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Troy

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 04, 2015, 07:44:49 PM
Quote from: Tilar on December 04, 2015, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: Troy on December 03, 2015, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 03, 2015, 08:52:56 AM
Turquoise with White, buddy seat interior 4 spd car.    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Awesome! :2thumbs:

Troy

Troy, Isn't that like the one you had?

Troy,if you stillhave any pictures could you post them up,please?
I really love the black interior and the white is a bit too delicate but with the LL1 might look good  :scratchchin:

Thanks,
That was the other Troy: hemi68charger

His was LL1 with a white top and interior - and it had a Hemi. I had one in turquoise with black top and interior (although it was originally gold). I *have* a bright blue one with white top but a black interior (still a project). I prefer the white - but they are harder to keep clean. I owned a black/white/white 68 Charger, still have a bronze/white/white 68Charger, had a yellow with white interior 73 Barracuda, and also have a bright blue with white interior 70 Mach 1. The white top on any of the blues really sets off the color. The interior in 68 is a "pearl" white and can be tricky to get right. The good news is about half of it is black so if you started with all black it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Here's some threads on Troy's:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45445.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48072.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36552.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46926.0.html

This was mine (can't guarantee that the color is "correct"):

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

el dub

Congrats.  Now the work starts. But its really not work, its fun.  :cheers:
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

cavemanno1

Thanks for the pictures Troy!

El dub,thanks  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Hi Peter! I thought you said the engine must have correct numbers for your country to allow title? The ad states "66 non HP 440"?  :scratchchin:

cavemanno1

Quote from: b5blue on December 06, 2015, 09:12:02 AM
Hi Peter! I thought you said the engine must have correct numbers for your country to allow title? The ad states "66 non HP 440"?  :scratchchin:

Hi Neil!

Yes,it should have but i said Fu.k it!I'm sure if the car is nice in and out they won't care about it!The problem is over here nobody gives you an exact answer!Some says it has to be,someone else says it's ok if the car is beautiful and again someone else said it depends who takes the car to the inspection :scratchchin:  :-\ Unfortunately or for tunatelly over here you have to know the right people to get somewhere!
They have a 100 point system to judge the car and 75 points it needs to pass.

The car has the original trans and rear end so i thought I'll be OK!

b5blue

Great News!!  :cheers: I know you'll have fun fixing this one!  :2thumbs:

bull

If money is an issue (as it is with most of us) just take your time. Were it not for a lack of money my Charger would have been done in less than a year but instead it took nine years - mostly due to waiting and saving the cash to do the next step in the process. I don't regret it.

cavemanno1

Hi Curtis(Bull)!

Money isn't a big issue,it's more like the lack of professional experience with mopars over here!Since there are no second gen Chargers here or b bodies,i must gather all the information i need.Can't just take my transmission to a shop and pay them to rebuild it since no one ever seen one before.Luckily and hopefully these 48 year old designs are not to complicated to someone who is adequate rebuilding European transmissions and such,but still needs all the parts and info.

Same goes to the gauges as well.Dino has given me all the info i will need to rebuilt it myself so hopefully that won't be too much of a trouble!

There are a lot of nice,kind and helpfull guys over here to make my restoration a walk in the park  :lol:

See that is why i love America and wanna live there,because you guys are all helpful and positive.Of course you have bad apples as well just like in every country but over here people drain your energy down.Instead of being happy for you and helping,they just want you to suffer if they can't have what you have  :brickwall:

I have been in the states 4 times by now and lived(travelled)for a year in 2004.But i have never had any bad experience ever!I go to a shop here and in 5 minutes people's ignorance and rudeness piss me off big time!

But i steered away from the topic here!
No ass kissing intent but i just wanna say THANK YOU for everyone!It's a lot harder for me to have that charger then you could ever imagine it!With $400/month salary here it's really hard to save up the money,so spending $1200 on the gauges rebuild it's NOT an option!Although,from time to time i go to England to work just to have a bit more money.Still have to watch what i spend just like most of us!

Thank you!

Peter

Mytur Binsdirti

cavemanno1

I have to say i always wanted a black charger but this color is gorgeous  :drool5:

b5blue

Peter I really like these original colors for your car. They mark it as 1968, who offered this kind of color combination in the last 10 years! (Most interiors have been only grey for a very long time!)  However this is YOUR car now!
  If BLACK is what you really like best then paint it black!  :2thumbs: You'll be doing so much work by the time your even close to done you deserve to have it your way! I was lucky, B5 Blue is my above all my most favorite color. To have found a Charger with blue inside and out was a big deal for me but not the reason I bought it. 5 years from now nobody will care what color it is except you, they will just be excited to see a Charger! FIX it and DRIVE IT! That is what counts.  :cheers:

Joostdodge

Have fun with it, great when you can make your dream come true! :icon_smile_cool:
Have my charger for about 8 months also from out of the states.
:2thumbs: from the Netherlands

cavemanno1