News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally bought my 1968 r/t 4 speed!

Started by cavemanno1, December 03, 2015, 07:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

After a long search i have bought my 1968 dodge charger.Real r/t 4 speed with original trans and rear end.She is very rusty but i couldn't pass her up since i always wanted a 4 speed r/t and they hardly ever for sale!

Bare in mind that I'm in Hungary where the labor cost significantly cheaper,so the bodywork and paint won't cost me an arm and a leg,hopefully  :lol:

As a said she needs a lot of work so if you have any parts for sale that i might need,let me know!I'm after power disc brake,power steering set up,floors,brand new interior,wiring.etc...

Thank you!

Peter

cavemanno1

More

charger chris

:o nice car but u better get that cross member fixed. that makes that side of the car really weak.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

skip68

Awesome news.    :cheers: :2thumbs: 
You've been looking for this car forever.   Congratulations.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger chris

make sure they know about that spot. so they don't twist or rip ur car apart when they are shipping it. :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

bakerhillpins

Turquoise with White, buddy seat interior 4 spd car.    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

cavemanno1

6spd68

Building one of these things in Canada is tough enough.  I can only imagine what it's gonna be like across the pond.  Best of luck moving forward sir!  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

cbrestorations

sdweatherman

Super car and super color combo! That car will be stunning when done. Good luck with the restoration.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cavemanno1

Yes i have bought it from ebay and i know i paid way too much for it!However,i have been after one for ages and they were way out of my price range with questionable quality so i got it!
They all need work and nothing is impossible!
In six months i will tell you if i made a mistake or made a good decision,but i can feel it it will be fine.
Hey,at last i have a 4 speed charger now :drool5:

stripedelete

Quote from: charger chris on December 03, 2015, 08:18:05 AM
make sure they know about that spot. so they don't twist or rip ur car apart when they are shipping it. :popcrn:

A little bump here.  I think Chris makes a good point.    Maybe someone can tack a gusset on a cross that spot.
Just in case........

six-tee-nine

Congrats,

I always loved the look of a Dana60 under on of these cars. At least you can see what needs to be done to this one...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Dino

Congratulations!  That's a stunning combo, are you going to restore it to stock specs?

I don't think you made a mistake, you got the car you always wanted and I don't see anything that can't be fixed.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cbrestorations

dont think you paid too much for it, 4spd rt dana cars dont pop up everyday, im suprised it didnt go higher.

cavemanno1

Thanks guys for reassurance  :2thumbs:

I'm surprised as well that it didn't go higher.Last time i saw one for sale in my price range it was in 2013.Maybe there were more later on as well but I didn't see them.Anyway,that car was just as rough and went for $12k.In my "twisted" mindset i'm ok to pay for a car like this 10k and spend 30+ on it rather then pay 40k for it.In the end it all costs the same but you never count the money you spend on your hobby,you count the buying price.

Am I restoring her back to factory specs?
No,because she came with manual steering and brakes.My wife will drive her as well and I wanna make it as safe and drivable as i can.A power steering is a must i think.Oh and I don't like the white interior and body seat,I'm afraid.Love the black interior and console but these can be easily swapped back into factory spec!
Other then these i will have disc brakes,firecore set up from Ron,frame connectors,Lca and k frame will be reinforced.
Magnum 500's with 15x8,255/60/15 front and 295/50/15 in the back same as Bull's!

I wanted a black car but tan top talked me out of it and i have to say i like that turquoise!

Thanks guys!

hemi68charger

Your next best friend will be, hopefully someone in Europe, who's a dealer for AMD Sheetmetal. Don't compromise on the Sheetmetal... Study it, ask questions on here and watch it get rebuilt..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cavemanno1

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2015, 04:14:38 PM
Your next best friend will be, hopefully someone in Europe, who's a dealer for AMD Sheetmetal. Don't compromise on the Sheetmetal... Study it, ask questions on here and watch it get rebuilt..

I will get most of the sheetmetal fitted inside or on the car.However my bodyguy can make his own sheetmetal if he is working on 50 year old Jaguars where reproduced panels aren't available!
The floors,wheel wells,crossmember,frame rails will fit inside the trunk.It only needs lower quarter panels so they will be cut out and the new ones will be screwed on temporally.Front suspension,wiring harnesses,interior,disc brake etc will fit on the back seat or on the floor.Going to stuff the car with a lot of things,at least that is the plan!

Thanks,

Peter

charger chris

Quote from: stripedelete on December 03, 2015, 01:11:27 PM
Quote from: charger chris on December 03, 2015, 08:18:05 AM

A little bump here.  I think Chris makes a good point.    Maybe someone can tack a gusset on a cross that spot.
Just in case........

just hate to see him spend all that money and the shipping comp. strap the car and do more harm to the car. if there some people that mite give him some ideas to help with this.  :popcrn:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

ht4spd307

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 03, 2015, 04:51:27 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2015, 04:14:38 PM

I will get most of the sheetmetal fitted inside or on the car.However my bodyguy can make his own sheetmetal if he is working on 50 year old Jaguars where reproduced panels aren't available!
The floors,wheel wells,crossmember,frame rails will fit inside the trunk.It only needs lower quarter panels so they will be cut out and the new ones will be screwed on temporally.Front suspension,wiring harnesses,interior,disc brake etc will fit on the back seat or on the floor.Going to stuff the car with a lot of things,at least that is the plan!

Thanks,

Peter
are you saying they are going to cut the 1/4s off so you can ship the new 1/4s with the car ? i wouldnt cut the 1/4s off and ship the car. as you will be weakening the car even further .bite the bullet & pay the shipping for the 1/4s  in the shipping container !  congrats on your score

skip68

I think for $10K you did good.    :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

polywideblock

congratulations   :cheers:   finally got what you've been looking for  :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bull

I see the Inland. :2thumbs:

One thing you need to know, a console Inland is different than yours. The console version has a couple of dog legs in it so that the arm is more centered above the driveline hump. Personally, I'd leave the setup the way it is. Consoles are cool but they're also a huge pain and expensive.

Other than that, congrats! Looking forward to seeing it come back to life.