News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions On Rad Support & Inner Fender Panels

Started by Tom68, December 02, 2015, 07:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom68

Planning to replace my radiator support and both inner fender panels on my 68 Charger.  Which ones out there are good and which should I avoid?

From what I'm reading it seems like most are extolling the virtues of AMD.

Also, where's a good source.  I just missed the 30% sale at classic industries: I was thinking of waiting for another sale.  Any thoughts?  How frequently do they have sales?

Thanks.

DixieRestoParts

Go with AMD. We'd be glad to give you a quote when you're ready. Just email or call us direct.
Thanks,
Randy
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Ghoste

Is there anyone else but AMD who even make those particular panels?

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2015, 08:50:45 AM

Inner Fender Panels been around for years, I was buying them 20+ years ago long before AMD was around. Think I got mine from Sherman & Associates but I'm sure many others have been making them or selling them for years. LEON.

Ghoste

charger chris

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 03, 2015, 06:19:44 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2015, 08:50:45 AM

Inner Fender Panels been around for years, I was buying them 20+ years ago long before AMD was around. Think I got mine from Sherman & Associates but I'm sure many others have been making them or selling them for years. LEON.
they have been around for along time. I use to live not far from them. When something new was come they where the go to people.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Troy

But, for the most part, Sherman was about the best you could get before AMD. There is some sort of relationship between Sherman and Goodmark but I don't know exactly how close they are tied. For years and years they made crappy parts and would do nothing to make them better. AMD basically stepped in and cornered the market. Yes, some parts still have "issues" but most are well documented so research a specific part before you buy.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone