News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good hidden antenna ?

Started by BrianShaughnessy, December 06, 2015, 09:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

So I'm sitting here at work and Speedo's about to paint my fenders on Sinnamon but we never cut the hole for the antenna...

Not that I actually want the old style antenna... but I can't find any reference to anybody having a GOOD hidden antenna to use.

Can anybody recommend a brand of hidden antenna?    I'm not gonna put a speaker in the dash so I'm thinking that speaker hole might work good for antenna?
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

I don't know that there is a good one.   :shruggy:

ODZKing

I have no experience but considered both at one time like you. I ended up putting the original antenna on.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-6100?seid=srese1&gclid=CI3Ur-S7x8kCFVYYHwodPmEDcQ
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12044UA20/Universal-Antenna.html
Nice thing about Summit is if you don't like it, they are good about returns. Not sure about Crutchfield.

myk

Maybe we can try mounting one of those antenna fins, like on the Beemers and 'Mercs...  :icon_smile_big:

UFO

In the eighties I used one of the JC Whitney things that stuck to the inside of the windshield.
It worked pretty good until the glue dried up.
How sure how good it would work if instead of attaching to the glass you ran it under the dash.

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Charger-Bodie

I have tried a couple that I wasn't happy with . Then I broke down and drilled a hole in the fender.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JR

Satellite radio? Pandora? No antenna needed.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: JR on December 06, 2015, 08:41:23 PM
Satellite radio? Pandora? No antenna needed.

when the family cars antenna broke we used a 20$ mp3 player as an antenna, and ofcourse had the option to play anything we wanted, when we wanted  :lol:

b5blue

The placement will have more to say with how much signal you can get. Stuffed next to sheet metal all antennas will suffer and be highly directional. 

ODZKing

Quote from: b5blue on December 07, 2015, 06:09:02 AM
The placement will have more to say with how much signal you can get. Stuffed next to sheet metal all antennas will suffer and be highly directional. 
Yes, I noticed a couple that get mounted in the A pillar, what kind of signal would you get there?  Especially on my 67 with a chrome trim piece?   :slap: