News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Tantrum" Charger

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, December 01, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

I know most here don't like to see modified chargers but I think this one is killer! I wish it would have kept the 68 taillights and 70 grill they had on it at last years SEMA show but its still sweet.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/12/muscle-car-meets-hypercar-tantrum-charger/
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

John_Kunkel

As usual, I love everything but the wheels.   :eek2:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 01, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

As usual, I love everything but the wheels.   :eek2:

Aw come on, not everything needs to have magnum 500s or steel wheels.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bakerhillpins

Wow, I really like that car. Wheels and all.  :2thumbs:

I usually don't like a lot of the customization done to chargers but this is a very good looking car. Ill have to google some more photos of it.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Back N Black

What's not to like? its gorgeous!  :2thumbs:

triple_green

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 01, 2015, 04:22:05 PM

Cragars S/S s are ok too! :smilielol:

I like the car a lot!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

1974dodgecharger

UGLY AS SIN  ::)

PROBLEMS:
1. rims too big
2. non stock looking
3. rake is off
4. non OEM colors
5. does not have torque thurst or magnum 500s
6. I can go on...

I would not drive this POS be too embarrassed personally..... :brickwall:

sixty-niner

I LOVE IT!!!, absolutely amazing!!!! KILLER WHEELS and Tires and Paint!!! 
I think everyone loves that engine!!! :drool5:

JB400

Sorry, but the hood doesn't flow with the car.

crj1968

Quote from: JB400 on December 01, 2015, 09:11:50 PM
Sorry, but the hood doesn't flow with the car.

That's what jumped out at me too.  Sweet car but I think the OP's "modified" car is cooler.

myk

That's a BEAUTIFUL machine...

Baldwinvette77

I LIKE IT. there, i said it  :coolgleamA:

el dub

Sweet. Id like to see those wheels chromed.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

DAY CLONA

Top of the line work without a doubt, but the stance, hood and wheel choice are just turn off's for me

Mike

RallyeMike

Very cool build, but I'm always left wondering why so many of these super cars end up with an uninspiring, generic, cowl-induction type hood modification. Does the inspiration to be creative die of by the time they get to the hood?  :shruggy:  It's still a work of art.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

cbrestorations

kind of reminds me of a 68-69 torino grill

1974dodgecharger

myk

What's wrong with the hood?  It's a small cowl induction hood that flows with the rest of the body.  My only gripe so far is the door handles.  They've taken this car to the 9th degree merging new, old and fantastic, but left the dorky door handles on?  Get that car back to the shop...

JB400

The hood doesn't even come close to following the contours of the fenders.  It just sticks up .  It doesn't flow with the car.

Kern Dog

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 01, 2015, 04:22:05 PM

:2thumbs:    :nana:

myk

Quote from: JB400 on December 02, 2015, 02:04:41 AM
The hood doesn't even come close to following the contours of the fenders.  It just sticks up .  It doesn't flow with the car.

it doesn't flow perfectly with the lines of the fenders, but in a way that it is perfect.  If the hood matched perfectly it would be a redundant shape.  This hood presents a similar idea as the 6 pak hoods on Chargers.  At least to me anyway...

cincyboy

I totally agree.  I love this build and the wheels.  This car is  underrated in my opinion. I see alot of others from SEMA that get more attention than this thing.   I imagine that paint is stunning in person. 

Kern Dog

I like most of it. The grille though....No matter the time and expense, I love the hidden headlight look of the stock grille. This does look like a Torino style.

Brass

I like most of it too.  The hood is gross.  The designers have probably been working with Chevys all their lives.

WHITE AND RED 69

I don't mind the hood, at least they included the scallops on it. And just look at that motor, its huge! They needed to push the hood up just to fit it in there. And I'm sure with the amount of heat from those turbos and headers that is trapped in the engine bay it was necessary to have a way for the heat to escape.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tan top

:coolgleamA:    awesome job  , lot of work / time &  dough gone in that thing !  clever stuff  ,

but  not for me  :down:

given a choice would choose the one below or one that's stock , every time   :Twocents:  :yesnod:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brass

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 02, 2015, 05:02:14 PM
I don't mind the hood, at least they included the scallops on it. And just look at that motor, its huge! They needed to push the hood up just to fit it in there. And I'm sure with the amount of heat from those turbos and headers that is trapped in the engine bay it was necessary to have a way for the heat to escape.

A hemi scoop would look better.

RallyeMike

QuoteWhat's wrong with the hood?  It's a small cowl induction hood that flows with the rest of the body.  My only gripe so far is the door handles.  They've taken this car to the 9th degree merging new, old and fantastic, but left the dorky door handles on?  Get that car back to the shop...

Not saying the hood is terrible. It's ok. It's just not unique or inspiring compared to the rest of the build where everything is amazing. Why stop at 98% and settle for the generic cowl induction hood that is on every other one of these high-dollar super builds?

.... and BTW, the article says that the door handles are custom.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

I have to hand it to the engineers/stylists at Chevrolet: The Cowl Induction hood was a great design that has been copied by their competition many times.
The design accomplishes two things: Engine clearance and aerodynamics while doing it.   :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 02, 2015, 11:37:07 PM
QuoteWhat's wrong with the hood?  It's a small cowl induction hood that flows with the rest of the body.  My only gripe so far is the door handles.  They've taken this car to the 9th degree merging new, old and fantastic, but left the dorky door handles on?  Get that car back to the shop...

Not saying the hood is terrible. It's ok. It's just not unique or inspiring compared to the rest of the build where everything is amazing. Why stop at 98% and settle for the generic cowl induction hood that is on every other one of these high-dollar super builds?

.... and BTW, the article says that the door handles are custom.

Custom dorky door handles.  At that level of fabrication I would expect a car to not have door handles, although that's just my opinion; clearly the designer saw differently....

Brass

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 03, 2015, 12:01:15 AM
I have to hand it to the engineers/stylists at Chevrolet: The Cowl Induction hood was a great design that has been copied by their competition many times.
The design accomplishes two things: Engine clearance and aerodynamics while doing it.   :2thumbs:

Sure.  I have nothing against them except how they look sometimes, and the last place I want to see them is on a 2nd gen charger.  I can live with it - I just think they seem more at home on an 80's era pro-street El Camino, for example.  Purely my subjective opinion. 

unrulyprocuda

I am currently Having a high profile car such as this built at a professional shop it is always great to hear all the different opinions of what looks good and what does not when your building a car of this magnitude.Its hard to reinvent the wheel per say and keep a stock looking car recognizable so it still appeals to a large audience we all sound like we would change things about this car build if it was our car. Seems like cowl induction hood is the number one. I for one love cowl induction hoods on the right application Mopar or not it seems silly to build such a Badass high dollar car and that's all you can come up with. One good thing is its all carbon fiber on the front end so that cost some bucks i Love the stance,Wheels Interior and overall look i agree it looks like the Torino grill. I don't like the paint choice and i really like it cleaner in the engine compartment around the Radiator and inter cooler but thats my opinion. Cant wait to hear all the feedback on my build look at the Holohans Hot rod shop Pro touring Daytona Build in Aero cars its taken me almost ten years to get my dream car rolling and it pissed me off when Fast and furious 6 Built that Daytona for the Movie and When mine is done i am sure i will hear that i copy cated some of their Ideas.

B5 Charger

Ruined two of the coolest things about a 2nd gen Charger the grille and the taillights.   ::)