News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another 1970 Charger destroyed.....

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 29, 2015, 02:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

Quote from: skip68 on December 06, 2015, 08:10:23 AM
Says it is unsold and I missed out.   :shruggy: 
Wonder what the high bid was and what the reserve is?   Isn't this an insurance claim sale?   I thought they always sell to the highest bidder with no reserve?    :shruggy: 
yes they normally do but this car isn't just being sold to any one.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

skip68

Got some inside information do we?     :icon_smile_cool:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

AKcharger

Well makes me feel good about when my car goes one the market one of these days...if that's what a car in pieces goes for...

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: tippytoe on December 05, 2015, 09:31:16 AM
It's at $5,575 now. If I was interested in it, 4k would be my max ! That's assuming the drivetrain & all the interior was usable. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see 6k worth of parts on it.

I'd go 5K if I was doing it to keep. They are out of their mind at 37.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

skip68

Is it even worth fixing this car?   The pictures look like it probably is bent. 
:shruggy:   I think if I was buying it with the idea of rebuilding it I'd definitely want to inspect it in person.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DAY CLONA

It's a parts car at best, and/or a donor VIN for a rebody

Mike DC

People fix cars that bad all the time when the damage comes in the form of rust instead of a wreck.  I'm not saying it's smart but it's common.   

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

GOTWING

Shouldn't this be listed under the thread delusional chargers for sale?  :eek2:

skip68

What's this "ACV" mean?   
Agreed cash value?    :shruggy: 

skip68

So I'm assuming the insurance company paid out over $61,000 for that car?  A XP car.    :o

GOTWING

I thought it meant "actual cash value"  :shruggy:

charger chris

Quote from: skip68 on December 08, 2015, 09:36:27 AM
What's this "ACV" mean?   
Agreed cash value?    :shruggy: 

that's what they are saying the car is worth. 6150 wow what's an r/t worth? Lol

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

skip68

:shruggy:  says car was unsold again.    :shruggy:
That's twice now.  Last I saw it was over $9,000 but it still didn't sell? ???
Weird. 

Mikesmoparperformance

Damn that sucks bad! Strange that did not sell for the second time?
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

hemi-hampton

The last ebay Auction sez it ended early by seller. Maybe my $3,000 offer pushed him over the edge :shruggy:

GreenMachine

On the wrecked green '70 RT SE that Graveyard Cars ended up rebuilding. The insurance company ran it through an auction (Copart) with a disclaimer that they didn't have to accept the high bid, so they could find out it's value in current form. When the auction ended, the high bidder didn't get the car. I think the high bid was around 14k????

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?62420-1970-Charger-RT-XS29-not-mine-(Wrecked-in-Oklahoma)-No-bids-yet
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

6spd68

lol, we all know about the Rex Charger  :cheers:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."