News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers of Brazil

Started by Ghoste, November 28, 2015, 07:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Ghoste

Can anyone translate these?

Ghoste

Ghoste

Found a 72 ad as well, a bit smaller though.

BSB67

Looks like a modified 68 GTS

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Daytona R/T SE

Apparently...

Their goal was to take a Dart and make it uglier. :scratchchin:

I didn't know that was possible. :eek2:

stripedelete

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I am feeling a bit disappointed after looking at this thread. Now I see why Dom, in Fast 5, brought his 70 Charger to Brazil. Showed the World  :Twocents:

JR

They look great to me. Especially compared to the American later year A bodies and 4th gen Chargers.

Now remember, while they were building those, we got these. Yeah, Brazil won that round.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

BSB67

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 28, 2015, 10:11:56 AM

Now that was uncalled for.  Now my feelings are hurt.  I don't think there is anyway that the hurt and damage can be undone.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

JB400

By first impressions, I wouldn't trade a 2nd gen for one.  I'd consider one over the American a body though.  I also think the Aussies and South Africans got the best of the 3 options though on the A body platform

Mytur Binsdirti

Apparently...

That right there is the quote of the day.  :smilielol:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BSB67 on November 28, 2015, 11:16:51 AM

Now that was uncalled for.  Now my feelings are hurt.  I don't think there is anyway that the hurt and damage can be undone.

Does somebody need a hug ?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2015, 12:17:05 PM
Apparently...

That right there is the quote of the day.  :smilielol:

:cheers:

djcarguy

Quote from: JR on November 28, 2015, 11:06:04 AM
They look great to me. Especially compared to the American later year A bodies and 4th gen Chargers.

Now remember, while they were building those, we got these. Yeah, Brazil won that round.

Have and or had bout 12 a bodys.mostly 68-73 darts an dusters.few 74-75 dart sports an darts swingers,still have.lov them DJ  :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

fc7_plumcrazy

djcarguy

marciosantri

Today, Brazilian Chargers are very expensive (in Brazil, of course).
They are modified Darts. All 318. "A" body.
They made me fall in love with Dodge.

https://www.flatout.com.br/guia-de-compra-dodge-charger-rt-nacional/
Mopar!

lucascosta21

The history of Chargers in Brazil started at 1971, after Dodge lauches the new Dart coupe (2-doors no column) in 1970. In the end of that year, Dodge lauched the sport and more intimidate model of their line, the Charger. 1971 and 1972 the Charger came with one-piece grill. These models matching numbers in Brazil are the most value Charger. You can find them easily around R$ 150,000 (about US$50,000).

From 1973 to 1978, the Charger came with two-piece grill and these are the most popular models. In 1979 came the last generation that did not satisfy the fans and Dodge finished ChargerĀ“s production in 1980.

The body keeps the same. I believe Dodge inspired this body from US Darts with some little modifications. Between 73-78 you can recognize the year by the side stripes which changed every year.

From 10-15 years ago to now, Dodges in Brazil (particularly Charger and Dart) are becoming really desirable and due to this the prices is going up expressivelly.

For example, for a project Charger here you will pay around US$12-15,000 and for a pretty one around US$30-40,000. Our models are smaller than US models and the only engine available was the small block 318. Even so, it was the most powerful engine (in hp) produced in Brazil at that time. The most Chargers in Brazil were 4-speed.

It's difficult to compare Brazilian Chargers and US Chargers. The americans are extremelly more powerful, you produced more models and with more options to customize the car. You are living in an era with other monsters (Camaro, Mustang, Plymouth, Oldsmobile...) the competition was really intense and in high level. Here we have three musclacars in 70's: Dodge Charger, Ford Maverick (with a 302 V8) and Chevy Opala (with 6 cilinder engine).

However, despite the differences, Brazil market has felt the fuel crisis as US, so the golden years was between 70-74. After this, the sales of muscle cars started to fall untill OEMs finished their lines in beggining of 80's.

Anyway...Charger is a Charger, we are completelly crazy and proundy for our Chargers as the same way we, you and everyone is crazy for american Chargers. I have the opportunity to have a 1972 340 4-bbl Charger (american) and now I am bringing a 68 440 tha was my child dream.

I am not an expert but I hope I help you to know a little about our Chargers. And sorry to my friends in Brazil for any mistake in my words, as I say, I'm not an expert but a fan.

Thanks

Lucas

richf

I ran the top three ads through Google Translate, and it seems Google's Portuguese isn't up to par :lol: Because the second line sounds a little too rude for an ad!

Let's end this sport car (joke) game with less than 200 hp.

We want to talk to the few people in this country who can buy this car.

Let the imported cars come.
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

onepunch

I know this is an old thread, but man I really want one of these Brazilian RTs. They look so much better than the US Darts......

Searching for a Brazilian Charger RT

ht4spd307

Mike DC

QuoteBy first impressions, I wouldn't trade a 2nd gen for one.  I'd consider one over the American A-body though.

Agreed.  

QuoteI also think the Aussies and South Africans got the best of the 3 options though on the A body platform

Yep.   They had the best bodystyle + the hi-po straight 6 motor with Hemi heads.  

IMO Chrysler was stupid not to bring that thing up here.  In the gas crisis era they would have sold fine.  Look at the popularity of Datsun-Zs from that time.

AKcharger

I think they're kinda cool!