News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How Is This For Rare?

Started by Ghoste, November 26, 2015, 10:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

AKcharger

UFO

I wonder if there was a change done later in the model year to allow the hemi and SE pkgs to be built together. There is no mention of "not available" on this page.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Charger0019.jpg

The Canadian fast facts book does not mention anything about not being avail together. Was this a matter of dealer/purchaser pushing to get the car built?
The A04 on the tag is a question as that one is listed as not avail.
Hopefully the owner can/will post the broadcast sheet.

Ghoste

Its interesting for sure.  Scheduled build for November but ordered in September so in a sense, it's an early car.  Allegedly ordered as a W23 Charger too but of course well past the recall for ever getting them.

charge69

I, also, would like to see the build sheet for this Charger.  Don't recall ever seeing a SE version with a HEMI.  Certainly possible, though. :popcrn:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

tan top

hmmm  , A47  , SE package  & A04  radio group , both  not available with a Hemi  :scratchchin:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

Ghoste

Quote from: tan top on November 27, 2015, 01:38:14 PM
hmmm  , A47  , SE package  & A04  radio group , both  not available with a Hemi  :scratchchin:

BUT... the Canadian order guide doesn't state those exclusions and this was a Canadian ordered car.   :shruggy:

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on November 27, 2015, 03:21:34 PM

BUT... the Canadian order guide doesn't state those exclusions and this was a Canadian ordered car.   :shruggy:

:scratchchin:   could be right ,   204864  is a Canadian car as you say  :yesnod:  , the list I have don't say where it was sold though ,   interesting  forsure   ,  i'm far from a expert  but !  would  it have a R22 code ? , even though it had a A04 package ,  :think:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

birdsandbees

Definitely a repro tag.. no inspection stamps.. so he's not hiding that fact. Would, as others have said, be great to see a broadcast sheet to support it.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

6bblgt

where was this found?  any other pics?

any documentation other than a reproduction fender tag would be great for a near-prefect-combination Charger "UNICORN"!

Ghoste

I've seen piles and piles and piles of tags without inspection stamps.  Sorry, but that's not an indicator.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Ghoste on November 27, 2015, 06:08:49 PM
I've seen piles and piles and piles of tags without inspection stamps.  Sorry, but that's not an indicator.

That is one crisp nice fender tag...

Ghoste

And that "crisp" quality you describe is a suspicious thing.  A lot of paint on the codes but the rolled lips at the edges are very clean.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 27, 2015, 10:17:17 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 27, 2015, 06:08:49 PM

That is one crisp nice fender tag...

I thought St. Louis was the only plant that stamped the tags.

68pplcharger

Ghoste

Popcorn here too.  Still waiting to see a broadcast sheet.

69 OUR/TEA

Don't see evidence of the "bent corner" from where they leave one screw in and bend up the tag to paint underneath it .

birdsandbees

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 28, 2015, 12:34:14 PM

I thought St. Louis was the only plant that stamped the tags.

Lynch Rd tags have inspection stamps. No bent corners either, they were hung during paint.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

UFO

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 28, 2015, 01:20:20 PM
Don't see evidence of the "bent corner" from where they leave one screw in and bend up the tag to paint underneath it .

Can't always go by that. A lot of years ago I was not aware of the bend being "factory done" and tapped it flat before it was painted.

bakerhillpins

Shouldn't it have the Y03 (or what ever it was) stamp for an export car then?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ws23rt

This thread is very interesting. :scratchchin:

So we are looking at a picture of a tag posted. Our first conversation is about the car the tag represents. :2thumbs:

Now the thread is mostly about the tag it's self. :eek2:

Their has been much talk over time about making tags to fit a car that is being built. I get that idea from a clone building point of view.
So this just may be one of those cars. But now our conversation is about the tag and not the car. :lol:

I'm one of those that think nothing is wrong with having a tag made to match a clone car. But it should have an identifier of some kind as being so. In this case the condition of the tag might be the identifier. :slap:

Clone stuff is great. :cheers:----Fake stuff sucks for everyone but liars. :Twocents:

Either way we look at it we are doing a dance that comes from some kind of deception. Either this case or others.
The bottom line is buyers have a tough haul to share this hobby with those that feel comfortable living with a lie to perhaps make a dollar. :eek2:

Ghoste

So true, I've been one of the biggest skeptics of all when it comes to this stuff and outspoken to the point that I've angered and offended some.  I'd like to see a sheet on this one as I've stated but overall I'm trying to play nice these days so the easily offended don't get easily angered. (at me that is  :icon_smile_big: )

ws23rt

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2015, 06:20:25 PM
So true, I've been one of the biggest skeptics of all when it comes to this stuff and outspoken to the point that I've angered and offended some.  I'd like to see a sheet on this one as I've stated but overall I'm trying to play nice these days so the easily offended don't get easily angered. (at me that is  :icon_smile_big: )

:cheers: We all make statements when we post in public.  And we all have our own way of identifying our perspective. You are very familiar to me as a reader and I get why you posted that tag. :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 28, 2015, 02:49:16 PM

Shouldn't it have the Y03 (or what ever it was) stamp for an export car then?

The letter B, First letter in V.O.N. tells it's a Canadian car. LEON.

Dino

Quote from: UFO on November 28, 2015, 01:41:29 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 28, 2015, 01:20:20 PM

Can't always go by that. A lot of years ago I was not aware of the bend being "factory done" and tapped it flat before it was painted.

I was aware and when I repainted mine a few months ago I straightened the corner because it looks better to me.  That said, I left a small trace of the bend there so it could be easily seen it was once bent.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mpd659

Doesn't XS indicate R/T on the fender tag?

Russ

Ghoste

Yes, XS means an RT.  The codes in question are for the SE package and the radio group, they were not supposed to be available with a Hemi engine.  If this car proves out, it will be the only one to date in the 69 Registry.  (which represents a very small snapshot of cars produced- seems like that needs to be pointed out all the time anymore)

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Challenger340

Well there you have it ?
The write up on the Car indicates only "44,000 original miles" when parked, where it sat until restored, so probably a good chance the Broadcast Sheet still exists ?
However,
funny no broadcast sheet photos ?
The guy is probably fairly knowledgeable about about the Car(most HEMI owners are ?), I would think he should be proud to display the B-Sheet as a "one of one"  if that's the case ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Magnumcharger

I asked about getting a look at the broadcast sheet.
The owner stated that it was destroyed years back when the interior was removed. I'm assuming it was eaten by mice. He said all that remains of it is one corner.
I've asked to see the original order sheet, or window sticker.

I saw this car for the first time in June of 1980, as it was being driven on the street in Charlottetown, PEI.
It was the first Hemi car I'd seen "in the wild", and after it passed me, I did a quick u-turn and chased it until it stopped for gas.
I saw the Hemi tags on the door at that time, and asked to see the engine. When the hood was raised, I got to see what an original 426 Hemi engine looked like after 30,000+ miles and 11 years of driving: a big mess! It was greasy, dirty, and rusty! But all there! I got a look all over the car, and noticed the SE badges on the sail panels, the cracked leather seats and the woodgrain dash. My friend Lynn was with me, and he also owned a 1969 Charger at that time. He pointed out the obvious interior differences, such as the dash, seats, and other nuances, such as the lighting under the hood, and the hood mounted turn signals. I'll also mention the car's rear springs were sagging badly and the rear quarters were rusted out by this time.
After the owner filled up, he closed the hood and we thanked him for allowing us to see his car. As he pulled away from the station, he gave us an obligatory squeal of his tires, and a nice cloud of oily smoke from his exhaust!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153315740586314.1073741959.565066313&type=1&l=6c97b2b88f
I wish I had taken pictures of the car back then.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste

Do you know if he had a fender tag reproduced or not?