News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tilte?

Started by cavemanno1, November 24, 2015, 07:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi everyone!

As a foreigner how can i get a title for my car?If I'm not a resident,so how can i get my name on the title for shipping?Us custome requires my name to be on the title!Anyone who sold off his car to a foreigner have any experience?If so how does it work?

charger chris

well i was cheack in to that for u. befor u backed out on me. But u have to get the title and get it titled in ur land because as far as i found out u cant get the car titled in the us unless u live here. :popcrn:

ps if i am wrong please let me know. :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

how did u get ur 69 charger u had or still have in to hungry?
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

polywideblock

here in oz all I have had to do is send a copy of title to 'Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development' leave it blank , just the  last owner in us and they send a "vehicle import approval". have not had to put car in my name , us customs likes to sign off on car to  make sure there are not 2 of the same vin floating around the world    ;)

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

charger chris

:2thumbs: that is what i thought when i was checking into for him.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

stripedelete

Call the DMV for the appropriate state.   They will give you an answer. 

Kern Dog

Jesus Christ. This isn't a text message. Learn how to type like educated grown ups.

six-tee-nine

Since Kern Dog is on grammar hunt again, I'll try not to make to many typo's......
Bare in mind please that some of us are foreing to North American written language. Caveman is from hungary.
Personally I can handle myself pretty well to read / write / Speak Dutch, French, English and German....

In my personal case the charger arrived with a clear blank title. The guys at the customs know who the car is going to. over here they make a new document since the US title cant be used in our DMV system. After that you pay import taxes and custom fees. Now the car is officially registered in your name and you can have it technically inspected to finally become a set of licence plates.

I dont know about your country but another thing, here in Belgium every vehicle must have the VIN number stamped in the body / frame. That means I have to pay a visit to the official Chrysler import agency wich is Fiat these days. They are the only ones allowed to do that. I have to do that before technical inspection or otherwise I will fail and cant get it on the road.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

wingcar

Now, Now....let's be nice
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

stripedelete

Grammar police?   Did you catch Charger Chris's first post?  It reads like a head injury.

cavemanno1

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 25, 2015, 02:23:51 AM
Jesus Christ. This isn't a text message. Learn how to type like educated grown ups.

Was it meant to me?I can not see any mistakes in my writing  :shruggy:
I'm from Hungary yes,but my English is pretty good so don't understand your comment if it was meant for me!
Let's not turn this topic into bashing,nobody is perfect!Thank you!

Anyway,
charger chrish,i can not remember now how the whole title thing was handled when i bought my '69!She was shipped with a company in Netherland and to be honest i can not remember how we managed it.They payed for the custom fees and i payed them cash when went to pick her up.
Guess,if i have my name on the back part of the title where it says Purchaser information.I didn't ask this question because i wanna register the car in my country.I just wanted to know for the shipping and custom purposes.

Thanks 69 and everyone!

crj1968

The seller should have your name written on the title as the purchaser and that should be all you need to get a new title in your country.  That has been my experience with selling car into Canada from US.

When that is done the seller has released ownership to you. The car is yours to do whatever you wish.  Does that help?     :shruggy:

cavemanno1

Thanks crj1968,yes it helps!

The reason i asked this because i remembered going to my embassy in London UK to get something sign there.
Ok my wife just emailed me an old email from the seller!

The following is from the seller!

"Please find attached the Power of Attorney and the Odometer Disclosure Statement.  These are two forms that the State of Ohio is requiring to have completed.  On the Power of Attorney, we need to have Peter to sign in ink at the X and have it notorized by a Notary Public with seal.  We need this so we can have the title issued in his name so the Charger can be transported.  On the Odometer Disclosure Statement, we need Kamen to Sign in ink at the first X and print his name at the second X.

It is very important to have both of these forms sent back to us either by FedEX or UPS as soon as possible.  We need original signatures."

So i guess  Ohio state can issue the title in a non resident/citizen name but not Indiana.Or maybe the seller was a shop and not done privetally?

Anyway,thanks for the help guys!

charger chris

I am not dumb trust me. I just suck at spelling and writing. Plus my brain moves faster then my hands so i miss words at times, but ken love me he always after me about this stuff. :smilielol:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

RIDELIKEHELL

relax guys nobodys perfect  :rotz:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

stripedelete

Quote from: cavemanno1 on November 25, 2015, 01:22:54 PM
Thanks crj1968,yes it helps!

The reason i asked this because i remembered going to my embassy in London UK to get something sign there.
Ok my wife just emailed me an old email from the seller!

The following is from the seller!

"Please find attached the Power of Attorney and the Odometer Disclosure Statement.  These are two forms that the State of Ohio is requiring to have completed.  On the Power of Attorney, we need to have Peter to sign in ink at the X and have it notorized by a Notary Public with seal.  We need this so we can have the title issued in his name so the Charger can be transported.  On the Odometer Disclosure Statement, we need Kamen to Sign in ink at the first X and print his name at the second X.

It is very important to have both of these forms sent back to us either by FedEX or UPS as soon as possible.  We need original signatures."

So i guess  Ohio state can issue the title in a non resident/citizen name but not Indiana.Or maybe the seller was a shop and not done privetally?

Anyway,thanks for the help guys!

Did you call Indiana?   If you can own real estate here, I'm sure you can own a car.  Last time you signed a Limited Power of Attorney(which had to be notorized to be legal).  It allowed someone (seller?dealer?) to act in your behalf.     The seller had to sign off on his end (odometer).

If Hungary needs the title in your name, I'm pretty sure it can be done.   I'm in Ohio with a Georgia drivers license, which I'm sure would complicate the crap out of this.  Otherwise, I would be happy to go over and do the footwork for you.

Like I said before, call Indiana.

Charger Chris,  nobody thinks your dumb.    ;)

cavemanno1

So you saying i could get a title in my name?Everybody keep saying i can NOT!!!Interesting :scratchchin:
I will get someone to call Indiana dmv.

So if i get a power of attorney and an odometer disclosure statement form and get it sign with the seller i could get a title in my name?
How do you get that form and from where,you know?

Thanks for the tip and the offer mate  :2thumbs:

kanadanmajava

Hi! I have bought two cars (a Packard and a Charger) from US and one shipping company sent them to Finland. The shipping company is opareta by couple of Finnish guys in Houston and Los Angeles. I gave the shipping company this "Power of Attorney" and they can make the export paperwork and sign for me. If I understood correctly I have some kind of remote address within their premises (in Pomona, CA) to make the paperwork less complicated. They did require a signed document that I sent to them.

I have titles for both and I'm marked as the buyer in both of them. The title for Packard has a mention that is exempt from the odometer disclosure (age or the fact that it didn't work?). Charger's odometer hasn't moved in ~30 years so it has "0000001" in the printed mileage field.

The whole process of buying a car from US was actually ridiculously easy with the help of these guys in the shipping company.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: kanadanmajava on November 25, 2015, 04:59:14 PM

The whole process of buying a car from US was actually ridiculously easy with the help of these guys in the shipping company.

That's what I was thinking. A broker is the answer, and find a reputable one, at that.

ws23rt

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 25, 2015, 07:40:12 PM
Quote from: kanadanmajava on November 25, 2015, 04:59:14 PM

That's what I was thinking. A broker is the answer, and find a reputable one, at that.

That is good to here. :cheers:  It's nice to know about a way around bureaucracy.---A market to be streamlined by competition and a need.

Kern Dog

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on November 25, 2015, 02:04:17 PM
relax guys nobodys perfect  :rotz:

Yes, but some are really far from it.
Yes, I was directing my comments to Charger Chris.
By all accounts, you seem like a decent guy. I like your enthusiasm.
Using text speak on a forum may save the writer some time but it is annoying to many that try to read it. Teenage girls and young metrosexual men may be fine with that type of communication but these classic Mopar forums are primarily men over 40. I do welcome the younger  guys and gals to join in, please don't read me wrong. I just think that a person should not make their input here difficult to read.
By the way... I am not a Policeman, an English Teacher or an asshole. I'm just a high school graduate with a modicum of self respect... :icon_smile_big:

charger chris

ken its all good. I really do try to make sure i write correctly. Its just hard some times if i don,t know to spell a word so i use something else. :2thumbs:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

polywideblock

use spellcheck ,it does the correcting  for you   :angel:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: polywideblock on November 26, 2015, 01:00:41 AM
use spellcheck ,it does the correcting  for you   :angel:

Spellcheck is a big help..... :yesnod:

Proofreading is the key to make oneself not look a idiot. Trust me on this..... :yesnod:

[hint-I chose my username for a reason]

polywideblock

x2 its a worry when spell check wants to add your spelling to the dictionary   :scratchchin: :lol:

cavemanno1

First  i have thought that kerndog was picking on my grammar!six-tee-nine response was indicating like that!But i guess you can't pick on a poor foreigner guy,that's not very PC  :slap: :smilielol:

By the way he should make an effort to get his grammar right,if i can everybody can!Still kerndog should have a more relaxed approach to chargerchris's mistakes,he might take it on a wrong way,just my :Twocents:

dyslexic teddybear

Keep in mind this is JMO and coming from someone easily confused......

I have no problem catching when English is not someone's first language. Stands right out from "text" type abbreviations.

I'm not a twit.....so I can't be on twitter, etc. I suppose if I were used to it more, it wouldn't be so irritating. :angel:

Punctuation is more important then many realize. And as today is Thanksgiving, this phrase has been used, I'm sure....."Lets eat, grandma!"......a very different context when the comma is missing......"Lets eat grandma!" :yesnod:

cavemanno1

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

I have never been told or caught out with bad grammar here,so i guess i am doing OK?But I'd appreciate if i make a mistake to be corrected so i can learn from it!

Was this thread about tiltle or grammar mistakes?
Let's get back to the topic,shall we?

Lennard

Quote from: cavemanno1 on November 27, 2015, 01:31:49 AM

Was this thread about title or grammar mistakes?
According to the header it's about: Tilte :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

I make typing mistakes like many others. I see a few from others and see no problem with that. It is another matter when a member does not use periods, commas, capitalize the first word of their sentences OR write sentences that go on forever. It makes them seem really stupid.
There is SPELL CHECK 2 boxes over from the POST box. It is not difficult to do things right.

cavemanno1

Quote from: Lennard on November 27, 2015, 06:41:05 AM
Quote from: cavemanno1 on November 27, 2015, 01:31:49 AM

Was this thread about title or grammar mistakes?
According to the header it's about: Tilte :icon_smile_big:

:nana: You got me!