News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Arrival: 69 R/T!

Started by ramblinn, November 23, 2015, 03:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinn

My daughter, somehow infected with the same mopar bug as her dad, just became the 3rd owner of a 69 Charger R/T.  It's an all number matching 440/727, console, PB, PS, A/C with 113K documented miles.  I've known this car since I was a pup.  The original owner (a close friend since 1971) bought the car fresh off the lot at Crenshaw Dodge (LA) and had it until 2007 when he sold it to my neighbor (retired fire chief).  It is fully documented, broadcast, window sticker, sales docs, maintenance records from day1, even mileage/gas logs. 

Got an email about a month ago from the 2nd owner giving me first crack at buying it since I helped in the original sale.  #1 daughter seized the opportunity and it arrived last Friday by enclosed transport.  She's been driving it everywhere.  Engine has never been rebuilt, trans has one rebuild, and it runs like a top.  She couldn't be happier. 

It's a white, green vinyl top, green interior car.  Here's some pix with dad's RR...

hemi68charger

Man, you raised your girl up right !!!!  nice '69 and '70....   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69rtse4spd

:2thumbs:, She going to join the site, love the pups. Make sure you regs. it on the 69 site. 

ramblinn

Better pic of the R/T, with new owner...

hemi68charger

Quote from: ramblinn on November 23, 2015, 04:25:57 PM

Ohhhh, I wouldn't have done that... You'll have every single Mopar-lovin' male asking her out !!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Derwud

I thought it was cool my Daughter wanted my car, but this takes it to a whole new level!!
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Derwud

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 23, 2015, 04:29:30 PM

Ohhhh, I wouldn't have done that... You'll have every single Mopar-lovin' male asking her out !!!!  :icon_smile_big:

I would have asked even without the picture of his Daughter... Has she registered for the site yet?
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

69 OUR/TEA

Very nice !!!!!Congrats !!!Seems like an odd/rare color combo ? Love the bias tires !!!!

cbrestorations

good lookin woman and a good lookin car... :drool5:

Sublime/Sixpack

Looks like she picked up a very nice Charger! :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Bronzedodge

Cool color combo.  Dare to be different.  :2thumbs:

Mopar forever!

Dino

Change that top to black and you have my car!  It looks really good and your daughter looks to be very happy with it.  :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi-hampton

Congrats, nice looking car.  :2thumbs: LEON.

birdsandbees

Gorgeous! You're a very rich man, even without the cars! Enjoy this period of life to the fullest.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

TPR

Good on her. You taught her well.  :2thumbs:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Baldwinvette77

VegasCharger

Very cool story :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Your daughter seems very vibrant with her new Charger.

Enjoy life with your new addition.

Also I see that you're relatively new here on DC.com so:

Welcome Aboard :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

Very cool, you have raised an intelligent daughter.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Derwud on November 23, 2015, 05:07:31 PM

I would have asked even without the picture of his Daughter... Has she registered for the site yet?

I think I'm in love!  With you daughter and the car!   :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

tcs69rt

I guess I'll be the only one to say = Cool pair of Boxer pups too!  :cheers:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

69chargin

The only issue with this beautiful car is it isn't as powerful or fast as dads RR...

If you are in so cal and can make it faster than dads, please inquire within :) HAHA!!
69 Charger R/T numbers matching 440/727, console, PB, PS, A/C White with forest green interior and top! 3rd owner with ALL documentation!

skip68

That does look interesting now that I'm looking again.    :scratchchin:
A white car with a green roof.   Just seems bizarre.  But this was built in the Brady bunch days.    :icon_smile_big:   How rare is that?   Anyway, still a great looking car.   :2thumbs:  
Welcome to the site.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69chargin

Quote from: skip68 on November 24, 2015, 01:51:32 PM
A white car with a green roof.   Just seems bizarre.  But this was built in the Brady bunch days.    :icon_smile_big:   How rare is that?   Anyway, still a great looking car.   :2thumbs:  

I really thought I wasn't going to like the green and would have to change to black... But I've fallen in love with it! It's a really pretty forest green!
69 Charger R/T numbers matching 440/727, console, PB, PS, A/C White with forest green interior and top! 3rd owner with ALL documentation!

crj1968

ramblinn

Quote from: 69chargin on November 24, 2015, 11:50:34 AM
The only issue with this beautiful car is it isn't as powerful or fast as dads RR...

If you are in so cal and can make it faster than dads, please inquire within :) HAHA!!

LOL

More background on this car.  When the orig owner bought it at Crenshaw Dodge, as he tells it, they had a gaggle of 69 R/T hemi's  :drool5:  :drool5: sitting in a row, DISCOUNTED because no one was buying them primarily for lack of A/C (it is SOCAL).  He also wanted A/C so 440 it was.  He used the car, more than occasionally for off road camping in the 70s.  Absolutely true, I went on one of the trips with him.  The front valance was pretty beat up as a result so the 2nd owner had that repaired.  It has been garaged its entire life. 

chargerperson

Quote from: 69chargin on November 24, 2015, 02:18:06 PM
Quote from: skip68 on November 24, 2015, 01:51:32 PM

I really thought I wasn't going to like the green and would have to change to black... But I've fallen in love with it! It's a really pretty forest green!

Car looks great.  Congratulations

charge69

I really like the color combination and it must be very exciting for her and you!  Congrats to her on the R/T and to you on a beautiful MOPAR daughter.

skip68

Hey girl, just so you know, your dads motor or performance parts will bolt right in your car.   :icon_smile_wink: 
Just sayin.    :icon_smile_big:

69chargin

Quote from: skip68 on November 24, 2015, 06:43:58 PM

Hey girl, just so you know, your dads motor or performance parts will bolt right in your car.   :icon_smile_wink: 
Just sayin.    :icon_smile_big:

Quick distract him while I swap them!!!

chargerbr549

And I assume these cars will be at Mopars at the Strip 2016?

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: ramblinn on November 23, 2015, 04:25:57 PM

Ohhhh, I wouldn't have done that... You'll have every single Mopar-lovin' male asking her out !!!!  :icon_smile_big:

O yeah! Lets DATE HAHA :D CONGRATS!! Looks great! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

66FBCharger

Very cool! I wish my daughter had an interest in my old mopars.
Congrats on the Charger
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body