News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attempt to track down Uncles 69 Charger DENVER

Started by crj1968, November 25, 2015, 12:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

My Uncle had a 69 Charger White with a tan top. He bought it new...  I am just seeing if it sounds familiar to anyone. Be cool to find it to just show my Uncle it's out there.

To his knowledge (his memory is fading) it was a 440 and he cant even remember if it was an auto or not.
However, years ago I remember my dad saying it was a 4 speed and they used to lose cops going over Berthoud pass in it (People in colorado will understand what that must've been like 40 years ago)

I also remember my dad saying one time my aunt and uncle got in a fight, my aunt jumped in it pissed off and did the longest burnout he had ever witnessed.  :icon_smile_big:

It would have been purchased in Denver from my Aunt some 20 years ago.  Long shot I know, but white with a tan top must be a little unique (?)

Thanks!

303 Mopar

I have been on Berthoud many times, in fact just missed an avalanche there back in the 80's driving in my CJ7.  I can't imagine flying over that pass 40 years ago in a Charger out running the cops.  There were no guardrails back then, and it was only a 2 lane road with a shear drop off 1000 ft down.

I have not seen nor heard of a white/tan '69, and I grew up here.  I would try the Colorado Mopar Club and Colorado Charger Facebook pages.  Meanwhile, I will ask around as most Mopar guys here are a tight group.

Post a pic if you have one, and any VIN numbers.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

crj1968

Ha- yeah I used to ride with my grandpa back in the 80's  going over the pass. He used to get so mad at people going slow that he would pass them on the small pullouts along the way.
Or he would take them on the outside of the hairpin turns. He drove a Ranchero GT with a 351C in it.  Many times me and my bros were in the back while he drove like that.   :o  I usually ended up car sick and puking out over the tailgate.  :rotz:  

Seems there was always a Semi on its side on that stupid road.  I was out there last year, it's been a long time and yeah, it has changed A LOT !

My grandad once  told me when he was a kid going up the pass (dirt road then) in a model T, you had to go up backwards....have someone follow you on foot to block the wheels when you lost traction. Then rev it up and go again.  He said it took all damn day.   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for looking out. Unfortunately, I don't have much info to go on.